Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EmilyCook26

I Had My First Awakening! (and So Did My 4 Year Old!!!)

9 posts in this topic

Im not self actualized.  BUT I had my first awakening!!!! And wierdly I didnt have it whilst meditating...

I had an awakening/realisation. So if you want to meet someone whos neurotic I am ya girl. (lol!) I find myself angry and disappointed etc over small things. 

Anyway the other day we had an incident. I bought two hamsters for my oldest son and in less than twenty minutes, being completely unexperienced in animals, I lost it! For eighteen hours (woops bad mum alert and yes my four year old was fuming at me!) About twelve hours in, I was pregnant and stressed and hormonal with a rodent running free round my house. 

And then it occured to me: Why am I so stressed? This is the present moment and no matter what I do, it will not change. All I can do is accept it. The past and the future dont matter.  But right now this second, DOES matter. AND additionally what matters is how I accept it. And I did. And after six hours of CALM trying to find my dwarf hamster I did! :)

More than this, the next day my four year old had a fight with his brother over a dinosaur toy. We attachment parent anyway BUT I took Max (4) to the side and said "In a week will you care he took your toy?" "No" he replied. "Can you change what he did?" "No, mummy. I cant." So I told him not to worry. That those statements show what happened wasnt important but it is important we treat eachother with respect here and now! And hes followed those principles since :)

I just wanted to share with people who understand :)

PS. I now have a wonderful sense of calm MOST of the tkme because Im much more accepting that I cant control outside world and situations :) xxxx

@EmilyCook26 Congratulations but that does not sound like a spiritual type of awakening. Seems you mostly let go a lot and that calmed you down, I am not trying to disregard your experience but what people usually mean by awakening (here) is the realisation of Self which would probably exhibit differently.

When it rains, it pours like hell.
-Insomnium

My blog: dragallur.wordpress.com

@Evilwave Heddy shes not dead! I found her under my bed curled up in a shoe. Shes a dwarf hamster and now happily reunited with her sister in the cage and their settling into family life very well :) Both my children love them :)

@Dragallur I can only say I know of self from videos. Im in no way self actualised but recently following the video "How To Meditate Deeper" Ive had a minute or so of pure here and now awareness which has been wierd as its never happened before but very peaceful and pleasent at the same time :)

Edited by EmilyCook26

@EmilyCook26 Apologies, I misread.  Anyways It's cool that you have grasped the ability of awareness and to see how easily you can stress yourself out over minor things.

That's actually a huge step, to realize and accept the present moment for what it is.

That is "emotional mastery" in a nutshell, which is very powerful if you focus and apply it as much as you can.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them