Danioover9000

Can we live without religion?

31 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

55 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

atheists and atheism itself mostly borrows it's moral foundations from religion, science and other fields

Every group borrows something from another group. Religions also hide the fact that they borrow. They do it better than atheists.

I didn't mean they didn't care about what they did. I meant they don't care about discovering reality because they believe they already have it.

You are falsely equating atheism and religions and even making it inferior. Religious folk are the masters of aping. But we all ape, which is a necessary part of life.

And I'm not saying religious people don't have to live their way.

I'll stop, as this is going nowhere, and I don't care about atheists or religious people.

Edited by Nemra

@Nemra

1 hour ago, Nemra said:

Every group borrows something from another group. Religions also hide the fact that they borrow. They do it better than atheists.

I didn't mean they didn't care about what they did. I meant they don't care about discovering reality because they believe they already have it.

You are falsely equating atheism and religions and even making it inferior. Religious folk are the masters of aping. But we all ape, which is a necessary part of life.

And I'm not saying religious people don't have to live their way.

I'll stop, as this is going nowhere, and I don't care about atheists or religious people.

Every/all groups borrow something from another group.

Religions borrow and hide the fact they borrow.

Therefore, religions are better at borrowing and hiding than atheists? This is a weak conclusion to your logic here, also adding a presupposition not there to religions yet not to Atheists as if religions are only hiding the fact they borrow when Atheists extensively borrow from other groups.

If true that you didn't mean they didn't care about what they did, but instead don't care about discovering reality because they believe they already have it, would this logically apply to Atheists as well? After all, Atheists behave and don't care about discovering reality because they think they discovered that God doesn't exist, and believe most religious folks are deluded, and exempt themselves off of sharing that same delusion.

How am I falsely equating religions and atheism? How am I making it inferior? 

Religious folk are the masters of aping.

But we all ape and is a necessary part of life.

Therefore, Atheism is exempt? I don't understand this weak conclusion and premise you're making here. If we all ape and aping is a necessary part of life, then does that equally exempt both religions and atheism? Also this shares the same illogical premises and conclusion with the following:

Black lives matter.

But all lives equally matter and whites also have lives.

Therefore white lives matter.

=

Religions lives matter.

But all groups matter and Atheism also have lives.

Therefore Atheism matters.

If true you don't care about atheists and religious people, then why argue/debate me? Why be contrarian and oppose me? It's as if you do care.

@Danioover9000 

Why do you make it seem like I would be drawing the conclusions that you have drawn for me and then prove them wrong? WTF. 🤦

Posted (edited)

@Nemra Most of your arguments are applicable to atheists as well - basically to most people in general (some of your arguments even applicable to people here who claim they are awake/enlightened)

I can find certain religious people who questioned metaphysics more and have   inquired / have gone down more thought paths in good faith with honesty and with incredible rigor than what you probably will question and inquire in your entire life.

Btw I dont know why some people still pretend here that they care about questioning everything ( I specifically mean people who claim to be awake/enlightened). People who claim to be awakened or enlightened will tell you that it is a limited tool and probably wont get you to the end result.

Its basically just used as a rhetoric tool when it is convenient and dropped immediately when they are cornered themselves.

Edited by zurew

@Nemra

22 minutes ago, Nemra said:

@Danioover9000 

Why do you make it seem like I would be drawing the conclusions that you have drawn for me and then prove them wrong? WTF. 🤦

I'm not trying to prove you wrong or character assassinate you, I'm showing you your own logical conclusions are faulty, and that in some areas you contradict yourself. You basically have weak arguments and that you spend more time making appeals and fallacies against me, and less time engaging with my argumentation. Just a recent example is you claiming to not care about atheists and religious folks, yet that contradicts your posts against me, my positions, against religious folks, and undermines your own positions. You don't even define some loaded terms you use yourself, and you shoe horn in presuppositions and premises not covered previously. Just within argumentation you sometimes have these performative contradictions that just makes your argumentation weak.

Outside of arguing and debate, you can and are allowed these contradictory points because reality is paradoxical, but when you do argue and assert/claim your position, be ready to defend and justify your points and assertion with good reasoning and evidence.

@Danioover9000 🥲

27 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

You basically have weak arguments and that you spend more time making appeals and fallacies against me, and less time engaging with my argumentation

It's the opposite, I would say. But I would also add that your logic isn't enough and can be an obstacle to understanding the difference between them.

Whatever.

@Nemra

11 minutes ago, Nemra said:

@Danioover9000 🥲

It's the opposite, I would say. But I would also add that your logic isn't enough and can be an obstacle to understanding the difference between them.

Whatever.

You would say it's the opposite without showing evidence or demonstrating your justification? How is my logic not enough and how could it be an obstacle to understanding the difference between religions like Islam, Christianity, Judaism versus atheism?

This is yet another contradiction to your previous claim of not caring about religious folks, atheists, me and other viewers here. If you truly didn't care then why have you responded back? Claiming a lack of care yet caring enough to respond back?

Posted (edited)

@Danioover9000 

The evidence is in understanding the religious mind. You are too concerned about how I talk with you.

Edited by Nemra

It took me over a decade to transcend religion, and it’s still a work in progress for me. I can assure you that I’m witnessing the potential for a more loving and open life without religion. 

For those who depend on religion to survive, I understand. I will never force you to leave your religion. I did it by my own intuition and feelings.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

@Yimpa

27 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

It took me over a decade to transcend religion, and it’s still a work in progress for me. I can assure you that I’m witnessing the potential for a more loving and open life without religion. 

For those who depend on religion to survive, I understand. I will never force you to leave your religion. I did it by my own intuition and feelings.

Great to know it took you a decade to 'transcend' religion even though it's a work in progress, great to know you're so reassuring that you're witnessing the potential for a more 'loving and open life without religion'.

But that doesn't mean you get to advocate others to not be religious, or to advocate for the destruction of religion as most atheists do, plus slander and speak/do derogatory things towards religious folks when it's their way of life. Likewise I won't advocate others to not be atheists or follow whatever livelihood that entails. If anyone, theist or atheist, is going to advocate and pressure others to stop living a way of life, be prepared for backlash and arguing.

@Nemra

37 minutes ago, Nemra said:

@Danioover9000 

The evidence is in understanding the religious mind. You are too concerned about how I talk with you.

The evidence is in understanding the mind? so where's the evidence then? is you arguing badly in this thread evidence for understanding the religious mind or evidence for religious dogma but from an atheist trying to defend atheist dogma?

Again you contradict yourself, claiming you don't care when you really care about having the last post, the last word when you can't argue adequately your positions.

Let's agree to disagree then?