Carl-Richard

I was taught how to merge with an astral being in a dream (by my mom lol)

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

It's impressive what sleep deprivation and cramming the day before an exam can do to your dreams, if that's a potential explanation.

The dream basically consisted of my mom trying to show me this invisible creature that was learning how to walk on a tightrope. At first, I couldn't see it, but then as I applied deep focus, I could start to see a faint outline of their body. The more I focused, the more I became aware of them, but their body was still extremely subtle and translucent. It was as if I had to slowly and through great determination unlock and train a second pair of eyes to be able to see them.

Then the weird thing happened where I was attempting to "merge" with them, not physically, but telepathically, where I would literally become this translucent silhouette of a being for a moment, experiencing walking the tightrope from their perspective. After a while of intense concentration and psychic determination, I managed to do so — I became the being walking on the tightrope, and it was an incredibly euphoric experience.

While being in this other form, I still knew that I had a second body, but I just wasn't currently operating it, or I was temporarily plugged in to this other experience. It still felt as real as my other experience, and it felt like I had achieved some marvelous feat and broken through preconceived notions of what was possible. It makes me wonder if this very thing is possible in real life, with the right level of dedication and practice.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Carl-Richard dreams are strange .

might be off topic but what exactly is a dream existentially? 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

3 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

It's impressive what sleep deprivation and cramming the day before an exam can do to your dreams, if that's a potential explanation.

The dream basically consisted of my mom trying to show me this invisible creature that was learning how to walk on a tightrope. At first, I couldn't see it, but then as I applied deep focus, I could start to see a faint outline of their body. The more I focused, the more I became aware of them, but their body was still extremely subtle and translucent. It was as if I had to slowly and through great determination unlock and train a second pair of eyes to be able to see them.

Then the weird thing happened where I was attempting to "merge" with them, not physically, but telepathically, where I would literally become this translucent silhouette of a being for a moment, experiencing walking the tightrope from their perspective. After a while of intense concentration and psychic determination, I managed to do so — I became the being walking on the tightrope, and it was an incredibly euphoric experience.

While being in this other form, I still knew that I had a second body, but I just wasn't currently operating it, or I was temporarily plugged in to this other experience. It still felt as real as my other experience, and it felt like I had achieved some marvelous feat and broken through preconceived notions of what was possible. It makes me wonder if this very thing is possible in real life, with the right level of dedication and practice.

^^^It is possible. Do some research, it's possible....because it is already happening. Spiritual Work is becoming conscious/aware of what is already the case. So it is already the case, you can just become conscious of it. 

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

4 hours ago, Someone here said:

@Carl-Richard dreams are strange .

might be off topic but what exactly is a dream existentially? 

Dunno, but one hilarious thing I ran into while reading about sleep is trying to explain what the hell is going on during sleep paralysis in a dry scientific way:

You emerge from REM sleep. You're awake, kinda. You're perceiving things in reality, but you're still in a dream-like state; you might experience a sense of panic or terrifying hallucinations, and you can't speak or move because your body is still experiencing the muscle atonia from REM sleep. So are you really awake or are you just dreaming? Is reality a dream? 😆

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Carl-Richard reality is not a dream .dreams are parts of reality . You can't define the whole with the part .

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho