SQAAD

Why Do I Feel My Kidneys When i Take Hydroxyzine

2 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I have been taking hydroxyzine on and off for the last month. I take a moderate dose of 50mg at night. I don't abuse this substance or take it daily. I just take it whenever i feel it's needed.

Yesterday i took 50mg and then afterwards, i was feeling some weird sensations in my kidneys. I cannot be sure that it was my kidneys, but it was definitely close to that area. Also i was feeling some sensations in my back. I did not feel anything bad, terrible or worrying though.

The feelings felt more like something was being pushed off inside  a tube... And i wasn't experiencing these sensations before taking the drug. I have experienced this other times aswell. Not every time though (i think).

2 months ago i did some blood tests & i was okay. I don't currently have any serious medical condition. Can someone explain what is going on and whether it's wise to continue taking this drug or not?

Hydroxyzine seems to be one of the safest drugs out there and is great option for short-tem use. Ιn the package insert οne of the side-effects listed is ''kidney disorder'' which i have no clue what it means.

Edited by SQAAD

Just take another antihistamine.