Giancarlo
Member-
Content count
72 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
@Miguel1 I'm late to the party here but I've been having similar thoughts about dating. I'm a bit younger than you (26), but I'm at the point where I have very little desire to date "normies". In fact, I'm questioning whether I even want a romantic partner period. Part of me is afraid of hurting the other person if I ever decide to go full-on mystic/recluse later in life.
-
Joseph Maynor started following Giancarlo
-
@Miguel1 Nice to see another theater nerd here
-
I would say don't rush through Green. There's still a lot to explore. Keep learning about Stage Yellow perspectives from a conceptual standpoint (Leo's political videos are a good start), and eventually you'll move beyond Green effortlessly.
-
@WonderSeeker Out of curiosity, what new career did you find for yourself?
-
They are making me realize that in order to embody truth I would have to give up my current corporate career path. It would probably entail a drastic change lifestyle, dedicating myself to a life of service. I will probably make the change in the next decade, but I need to make it sober. I can't make rash decisions because of an existential crisis I had during a trip... which is what was starting to happen.
-
I realized that I'm not at the right stage of life to be pursuing God. I'm 26, with a well-paying job in a HCOL area. By any conventional metric my life is a success. Psychedelics have been an incredible spiritual tool. But the more I take them, the more I realize I would have to give up my career, which I'm not prepared to do at this stage of life. So I'm following Leo's advice and postponing any further use until I'm at least 30. Hopefully this encourages the other youngsters out there to take it slow.
-
Happy birthday Leo!
-
Giancarlo replied to Zeroguy's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
@Zeroguy Why can't God be a deceiver? Where in the universe does it say he can't deceive? -
@Leo Gura Can you elaborate by what you mean by this? Was it simply disillusionment with money, success, sex, etc? Or something more serious? And I guess the follow-up question: how did you resolve it?
-
@Leo Gura I agree that psychedelics will derail your focus on money (experiencing that now π ). But should you even try to build a relationship/family in your 20s if you know you're going to go hardcore mystic later on? Being disenchanted with money really only affects me, but it seems much more dangerous when other people depend on you...
-
Hi all, I've been following Leo on this personal development/spiritual journey for 10 years now. 2025 has been the year where I feel like my growth has become exponential (thanks in no small part to multiple profound psychedelic trips). While incredible in terms of development, it has thrown a wrench into my everyday life. A bit of backstory: I was dating someone earlier this year, only to realize 9 months in that she wasn't going to be right for me long-term. I feel like this was a direct result of me becoming more conscious. My current concern is the following: I'm 25, have a good job in tech and a promising career ahead. Increasingly I feel like this kind of corporate life isn't compatible with pursuing higher consciousness. Similarly to how I felt about my relationship, there's a feeling of "please don't take this away from me yet". I had hoped to pursue a more conscious second career later in life, for example in my 40s. But as I develop, I feel like that timeline is shrinking, and that terrifies me. Am I putting the cart before the horse? Should I focus on building material wealth in my 20s-30s before pursuing more spirituality?
-
Giancarlo started following Help Requested - When Spirituality Meets The Road
-
@datamonster Yeah I'm quite tall. Although my brother's the same height, and he doesn't suffer from it. @Leo Gura Thanks, I'll look into these things.
-
Hey Leo, I was wondering if, in your quest to cure your stomach issues, you've stumbled upon a cure for chronically cold hands and feet? Cheers!
-
Best solution that I've found for back pain:
-
INTJ for the count.
