-
Content count
6,054 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by Ulax
-
@DefinitelyNotARobot game global is a useful site for that
-
Ulax replied to Spiritedness's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
@Spiritedness Hey dude, I'm still in the process of sorting my stuff out in this area as well. By still think I can contribute something of potential value. In terms of therapy, what comes to mind is you could try out ifs therapy and/or somatic experiencing therapy . With regards to meditation, perhaps shinzen Young's work could be quite good for you. Two aspects of his work strike me as particularly of value to you Firstly, his see-hear-feel technique. I think that could help you deal with the emotions and thoughts that come up and have an improved relationship with these sensory experiences. Secondly, his ' focus on rest' technique. I think that has the potential to induce tranquility in you. Here is a doc: https://www.shinzen.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/SeeHearFeelIntroduction_ver1.8.pdf There is also a course called 'unified mindfulness' which explains it. The course is probably more accessible too He also has YouTube videos about these two things as well -
Yes, thank you from me as well Leo. I am very grateful for your work
-
@Simple Success I think ifs parts work could have some answers you're looking for
-
@DefinitelyNotARobot find an online forum where people organize Wing meetups. Then arrange to meet up with various wings. Head out with them and then screen them for the qualities you want . If they don't have the qualities that you want then don't meet up with them again. If they do then meet up with them again.
-
Contains links to various non directive techniques https://www.reddit.com/r/nondirective/
-
@StarStruck what you could do instead of printing it out is save it as a PDF. Then upload it to say a Google Drive
-
@StarStruck I personally always think the more backups the better
-
@assx95 Id recommend starting to field report. That way you can ensure that your engaging in deliberate practice rather than aimless practice. In my opinion, the channel karisma king has some good videos regarding field reports. See YouTube for this content.
-
@Recursoinominado can confirm I've watched all 528 videos absolutely bricked up
-
@Squeekytoy "One man's soyboy is another man's gigachad" - Epictetus
-
@corvusx I really respect Gabor Mate's work too
-
Ulax replied to Sultan Al Hind's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
@Leo Gura Do you personally recognise there to be a 'stage coral'? -
https://go.unifiedmindfulness.com/core_main_lander Here is a free web course about Shinzen's approach too
-
I'm in agreement with Leo here. Its an arms race imo.
-
Ulax replied to bmcnicho's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
@StarStruck Indeed. Only I am God's special snowflake. -
@meta_male I get ya. All the best with it.
-
Ulax replied to Leo Gura's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
@Leo Gura Is that level of awakening available to most do you think? (assuming they put in the work) I was reading an older thread from a few years back where you were seemingly talking about some states only being accessible to spiritually talented folks. Something to do with neurotransmitters. -
@meta_male Ye i had a look through and it seems to me that some of the therapists/ coaches on there don't have an IFS institute training. Instead they have an independent training in IFS. If they are are institute trained they'll have a 'level 1, 2 or 3' certification. So, if you wanted to follow my advice, you could use the website you linked but be careful to only choose a therapist/ coach with a levelled certification from the institute. Alternatively, you could use the IFS directory: https://ifs-institute.com/practitioners?country=All&city=&approved_consultant=All&level=All&availability=All&consultation_availability=All&field_acceptphone_value=All&keyword=&field_geofield_proximity[value]=100&field_geofield_proximity[source_configuration][origin_address]= My understanding is all the therapists/ practioners on that directory are IFS institute certified to some level. I think its a pre-requisite for having a profile on the directory.
-
@meta_male If you link the page i can check for you
-
@meta_male I'd advise making sure they have at least a level one training with the IFS institute. A few years ago I felt very mislead by a professional who claimed to do IFS and listed IFS on their professional profile as one of their modalities. However, they had no IFS institute training and were not indeed competent at it.
-
Tom Torero wasn't exactly blessed in the looks department
-
@NoSelfSelf Respect for making the progress you've done. And I can understand why game is so meaningful to ya. I see it as like a way outta hell for a lot of folks. I look forward to watching your further growth.
-
@NoSelfSelf Yeeee dude i think you're on the money here. I meet the diagnosis for cptsd. If you haven't heard of it, my understanding is its essential a psychic structure that results from an accumulation traumatic experiences, i.e. compared against say ptsd which might just be one incident. Anyhow, reason i bring it up is I watched a vid online by a guy wo recovered from it who made a video about how the psyche of a cptsd person is actually quite similar to folks who've experienced war torture or been in a cult. Its like the voices of the perpetrators are like parasites inside the mind of the victim. And that seems to be the same thing you're talking about here. Is this something you've had personal experience with? If so, to what extent have you overcome it. No pressure if you'd rather not talk about it here, or at all.
-
Hey folks, So I've been doing mindfulness with labelling for a while now. I have done Leo's version where you do cycles, i.e. notice, observe for 5 secs, label the sensory experience, then savor for around 5 secs. However, I've been finding I actually am more attentive when I don't label at all. Instead, i just set a metronome at around 3bpm, select a sensory experience to observe, then pick a new sensory experience to observe when the metronome clicks. The metronome change is something i came up with on my own. I've been watching Shinzen Young's youtube videos on the subject, and I understand Shinzen to be a large part of Leo's inspiration for the technique. From what I understand Shinzen advises to label because it makes spacing out much less likely. However, I'm confused as I seem to get much more benefit out of not labelling, and doing my altered technique. I was wondering if anyone, with experience with the technique, could clarify further what Shinzen might mean by spacing out. Further, I would welcome perspectives on potential traps and pitfalls of my altered version of the technique. Finally, I'd be curious to hear if anyone knows whether, as I suspect, I have simply stumbled upon a different type of meditation. If so, could you tell me the name. Thank you in advance.
