Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Danioover9000

Great Example of exploitation by music industry.

2 posts in this topic

I have a love and hate thing with Ez Mil, I see he's a good kid, maybe too girly voiced for my tastes but he's a decent rapper, so I freaking hate it when his role modals or idols contact him and are potentially exploiting his fanboyism for more capitalism and profits:

Because now it's very likely Ez Mil will be less remembered in his legacy not as a hard working Rapper with good work ethic, but remembered as a person next to Eminem and Dr. Dre, remembered as another Rapper they assimilate into:

I HATE IT!! If that was me I ain't compromising my moral standards and integrity for it to be tarnished by a few more famous or powerful people! Fuck Eminem and fuck Dr. Dre if they EVER contact me! So help me god I'd diss them WORSE than Ice cube dissed Dr. Dre if they ever touch my LP, my life purpose which is NOT FOR SALE! Another great example of a younger artist being taken advantage of by a more established and more powerful and more influential figures. Even if you factor in everything in developmental psychology and other developmental factors, this is slimy capitalism in music industry, Ez Mil is getting screwed here...

Your thoughts and opinions? What do you do in this situation, if you're an independent freelance at whatever, worked very hard for that, some bigger company reaches out to offer a contract, say all those flowery phrases and sales pitch BS, what do you do?! Do you be like George Lucas and sell Star Wars, or keep your integrity even if it risks the survival of Star Wars?

This is what I mean when I say signing to a Record Label can be a problem:

I hope Ez Mil doesn't get screwed over by Shady Records, just listen to these diss tracks:

Eminem being stupid to revive a long dead and irrelevant artist Benzino, which:

and especially:

Almost destroyed Eminem and Shady Records, like how do you deal with attack angles that are factual? All those artists did leave Shady Records, kind of shady...