Jannes

Training for assertiveness?

3 posts in this topic

I am studying to become a teacher or social worker and in my work environment there is a lot of respect less behavior of students, physical attacks, threats etc.

I cant deal with that well at all. I was victimized a lot in mid school so I didn't learn how to handle myself and to be assertive in those situations. I definitely got enough steam and self confidence in me to learn the skill but I need practice. Because most of the times when I see these situations my mind just shuts down. I naturally dont have any ways to deal with it in my subconscious tool box. I become better at it as I go but I think it would be much better to learn these things in a professional environment. Do you have any experiences with courses, seminars.. ? Where you maybe in a similar situation and learned assertiveness somehow?

Yes, I have a reading list and then I get direct experience and then contemplate. Still early on my journey.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

2 hours ago, Thought Art said:

Yes, I have a reading list and then I get direct experience and then contemplate. Still early on my journey.

How do you get direct experience?