Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Spiritual Warrior

Emotional Mastery (The Sedona Method)

2 posts in this topic

The Sedona Method by Hale Dwoskin

Choosing to Let Go

Make yourself comfortable and focus inwardly

Step 1: Focus on an issue that you would like to feel better about, and then allow yourself to feel whatever you are feeling in this moment. Welcome the feeling with open arms. 

Step 2: Ask yourself one of the following three questions: 

• Could I let this feeling go?
  • Could I allow this feeling to be here? 
  • Could I welcome this feeling? 

Answer these questions with honesty and don't think too hard about them. Move onto step 3 no matter how you answered the questions. 

Step 3: Ask yourself, Am I willing to let go? If the answer is no, then ask yourself would I rather have this feeling, or would I rather be free. Even if the answer is still no, go on to step 4. 

Step 4: ask yourself this simple questions: When? 

This is an invitation to just let it go NOW. Letting go is a decision you can make any time you choose, it takes this exercise to make this real for you.

Step 5: Repeat the preceding four steps as often as needed until you feel free of that particular feeling. 

You may find that you have layers of feelings about a particular topic. However, what you let go of is gone for good. 

Edited by Spiritual Warrior

Sedona Method Exercise #1

Write down what you want for your life:

• I want to have complete control / detachment to my emotions
  • I want to kill off my ego, so much so that I am not caught up in the pain that he endures
  • I want to rid myself of all selfish desires, so much so that all I do is think about the influence / impact that I can have on others
  • I want to be an emotionally stable man, someone that women can lean on
  • I want to have a relationship with God, in which we talk to one another, and share insights