Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FirstglimpseOMG

Oh My, It's Not Just A Visual Effect Is It?

2 posts in this topic

Hmmm, a mini aha moment maybe. Watching a Rupert Spira video, sitting in my comfy chair, winding up for the day, slowly. As I become absorbed in the message of the words and the images moving on the screen, pretty much everything outside of that small visual field of immersed focus begins to dissolve in no time. Like a special visual effect in a movie (only natural, organic and completely underived). I get spots and fuzzy splotches and flashy undulating star-fields and constantly morphing clouds of nothingness roiling around as an undefined mess of random pastel explosive arrays of fireworks within watercolour fringe-fields. Closed eye visuals occuring with open eyes, everywhere that my intent, or immersed focus is not. You've all seen it once you focus intently on an object, especially a lit, animated display screen. You notice for an instant or two as you slightly de-focus on the content of the screen that the rest of your visual field had dissolved into a staticy, undefined, mass of unformed light and colour - scrambled, changing, much like a colour version of screen static before you hooked the signal into your T.V. The further away from your narrowed field of attention, the more frissonic and ethereal, a phosphene of the unmanifested.

It's not a  visual effect is it?

I've often wondered lately what it would look like if I could move the body-mind just slightly faster than the speed of light, and whirl around quickly enough while walking down the street to observe the world manifest from nothingness behind me. I had assumed that that sort of immediate, obvious reality busting was beyond my capabilities, but we just may witness the unmanifested turn into our reality every time we focus in on an object closely and intently, to the exclusion of most everything else, and then zoom out a bit, remembering to notice, and not discount the dissolution and resolution of 'matter', as a visual quirk. 

Waddya tink? 

Edited by FirstglimpseOMG
Punctuation

It seems much more dramatic and demostrative than closing your eyes to disappear reality, then opening them to re-manifest. Yeah I know, I should be meditating rather than playing eye games but.. I need all the little 'aha's I can stumble upon!