Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Javfly33

Identity is a hell of a thing!

2 posts in this topic

I was just driving and I focused on the speedometer of my car. I realized, what happened if suddenly i started identifying myself with this?

What if i Lost my sense of identity as a body or as a concept and i started focusing my whole Life on the existance of this speedometer?

Each morning my body would wake Up, It would fix a meal, even maybe work a bit, but nothing would Matter, my girlfriend wouldnt Matter, my family or goals wouldnt Matter, because the speedometer would be Who am i. Each afternoon after work i would go to the car and i would sit in the drivers Seat and my Life would really start. Admiring myself. Who i am. The speedometer.

Everything that wouldnt be the speedometer would be just an automatic maintenance of the body. Putting 41 hours of work each week? Not to maintain a child or build a human Life. Just to make sure i can admire myself (the speedometer).

When i would go back home Life would be over. None of this is mine, this body, this Mind, this ideas, this memories. None of that i identify myself with. This is not mine. I see the clock. Is 19 hours left to see myself. The speedometer. An identity i created. In the same way i did with my body and mind. 

These shared thoughts (personal insights) belong more in the Personal Journal section. A good idea would be to start one so that all your insights can be archived at one location.