Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alexop

Moved to Sweden - direct experience and thoughts

1 post in this topic

Is Scandinavia the place where you can't shine as an individual? Well I moved to Sweden one and a half years ago(could speak swedish even before coming), met lots of swedes, got a swedish girlfriend, started my business as a massage therapist and trainer, but I don't yet see people dragging me down. All the swedes are excited of me telling them about my business plans. Taxes are high but still managing to save over 1k dollars every month. I love this country, love the infrastructure, love the people. SO maybe before criticizing something from what some frustrated stage orange scandinavian dude who can't fit in a stage green country said, come here and see it with your own eyes.

I present to you Christian von Koenigsegg, a tall flower here, who cut him down?

Further people who were almost cut down by the leftist horde but somehow managed to do it: Ikea, Spotify, Volvo, Saab, Scania, Ericsson, Electrolux, Primus, Abba, Roxette, Swedish House Mafia, In Flames. Just to name a few of the internationally popular ones, I was amazed how many there are. Keep in mind that they are just 10 million people. 

I agree with the high tax system. If you want to grow your business, you can do it by investing in it tax free, but if you just want to hoard money and buy luxury shit for personal use, sorry but we are going to tax the shit out of you. You don't need a Rolex watch and a Ferrari to be happy.  And you will pay our workers a DECENT salary and they will be treated like human beings, otherwise the unions will fuck you in the ass. Sorry Elon Musk, Sweden is not for you.

Most people are content with a basic job, because they can live a decent life with that, maybe in the US people are soo much after wealth because in the US you are fucked if you end up in an unqualified job.

Problems? Of course. There still is a strong stage orange component in Sweden. Most people eat junk instead of food: pasta, pastry, cheap meatballs and sausages. You can find tons of sugary garbage, coffee, gambling devices in front of everybody, expensive Teslas, luxury crap. Some people will abuse the system, they will lie that they are sick for days without the need for proof, they will go on stress leave for MONTHS. And this is my direct experience, not some deluded conservative media. It feels like many people have anxiety, mental illness, victimize themselves instead of facing inconvenience.

Lax immigration laws brought here tons of stage red trash who now shoot each other on the streets. Segregation: Of course, how can you have stage red gangs in the same neighborhood with stage green famillies letting their kids play outside?

Edited by Alexop