Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thought Art

Qigong for Good Mood - Qigong with Kseny

1 post in this topic

Hi everyone,

I've been experimenting, watching through lots of different routines on youtube. I am working towards a deep experiential understanding of different teachers, techniques and types of Qigong. I thought this short routine had a lot of fantastic exercises that I think can help us as we develop ourselves spiritually.

Don't overlook Qigong as a highly practical and foundational habit to have along your spiritual journey. Developing a mind-body fitness is crucial to support your spiritual endeavour. I believe that in order to maximize our capacity to love, create and remain highly conscious in a sober state is to have a tool box of techniques and practices that address different aspects of human consciousness. Our body/mind is one of the most foundational aspects. 

Don't let it's name, lack of popularity or it's simplicity and ease steer you away either. It's a very effective practice that promotes mindbody fitness, defined here by CHATGPT:

--------

Here's a comprehensive definition:

Mind-body fitness focuses on exercises, techniques, or activities that promote a harmonious relationship between mental and physical health. It involves various disciplines such as yoga, Pilates, tai chi, qigong, meditation, and certain forms of dance. These practices emphasize the importance of cultivating mindfulness, breathing techniques, body awareness, and relaxation alongside physical movement or exercise.

The core principles of mind-body fitness often include:

Awareness and Mindfulness: Encourages present-moment awareness, mindfulness, and conscious attention to the body, breath, and movement.

Breathwork: Emphasizes controlled breathing techniques to facilitate relaxation, focus, and stress reduction during exercises or activities.

Physical Exercise and Movement: Utilizes exercises and movements that integrate both physical fitness and mental focus, promoting strength, flexibility, balance, and coordination.

Stress Reduction and Relaxation: Aims to reduce stress and tension by incorporating relaxation techniques, aiding in the release of physical and mental stressors.

Holistic Wellness: Aims to enhance overall well-being by addressing not only physical fitness but also mental and emotional health.

Mind-body fitness practices are believed to offer numerous benefits, including improved physical fitness, reduced stress, enhanced mental clarity, increased body awareness, and a greater sense of overall well-being. Many individuals find these practices helpful for managing stress, improving posture, increasing flexibility, and fostering a more balanced and healthier lifestyle.

--- ------

I personally think Qigong is a great foundational practice for anyone who is a self actualizer, working toward becoming a sage, or someone working on spiritual develop and personal growth and health/ longevity in general.

Here is a great short practice by Kseny. Note: There is a wide variety of practices, styles, techniques and schools of thought around Qigong. You may want to explore different teachers! Find one suitable for you. It's my opinion that Kseny is one of the greats!

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"