Stoica Doru

One Big Misconception

1 post in this topic

From what I've seen in my spiritual journey, the Satan, the antagonist of it all, it's claimed to be the ego. I think this conception is in itself the conception of the spiritual ego, who tries to get everything out of the way in order to get the so called enlightenment. Most people don't realize that this path is about acceptance and respect towards your emotions and thoughts, not an obedient way towards getting rid of the old programming that brought us here. I'm not saying we must identify with the "chaos", but just look deeply. If we're to accept the naked fabric of existence, we must also accept ourselves and our past, even if we know that's a hard job. It's like a child that you love until the end - until it gets mature and stops resisting. It's not about trying to force the spiritual journey as a tool to hide repressed subconscious conflicts. Matt Kahn said that "Respect is the perfume of love", so it'll be of great help if we're to understand and respect our "enemy", rather than trying to chase it out of our mighty path. 

If there's anything that life teaches us is that what you don't embrace and understand, you fight with. History showed and will continue to show us this lesson. 

Ain't it funny how men think?

They made the bomb, they are extinct.