rachMiel

Healthy self

23 posts in this topic

I feel that is a place I get stuck quite often, and I'd guess many others have a similar experience. It's as if you're a bird in your home nest. Your feathers have developed well, you've practiced hovering and gotten good at it, all your siblings have left the nest, but you just can't seem to take the leap. 

Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ... 

38 minutes ago, rachMiel said:

I'm also drawn to the notion that we are the sense organs of Das Universum (the totality, all-that-is, the ground, God, whatever) and our reason for being here is to do what good sense organs do: Sense! Why? Because the universe wants to experience itself from all possible points of view. 

sure enjoy to the max AFTER you do what you came to do

@rachMiel it's been said that striving for a healthy self is like decorating the prison walls.

The sense of self IS the experience of separation and lack. It's motto is "seek but do not find"

It only attempts to change when it believes that by doing so, it will have a better experience in the future. Its very needy & obviously self centered.

There being a pure true self or higher self underneath the false self, is just an illusionary concept of the false self or ego.

And the interesting part is that there's nothing to do about it because it's not real. 🤣

Essentially anywhere there is identification as a self or as a body, any action or thought naturally perpetuates the illusion. Like a self fulfilling prophecy!!

That experience has been referred to as a psychosomatic misunderstanding in some circles.

❤️

Edited by VeganAwake
Addition

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi