Wizardking

Should we try to help people see the truth or is that for them to discover?

5 posts in this topic

A lot of people are suffering because of trauma that they don't want to face and that they maybe even deny. They might even deny that they are suffering. For example, a person who doesn't love/value/respect themselves goes into relationship after relationship that ends with them getting mistreated and finally dumped. They might be too caught up in their pride to take responsibility and instead just blame the other part which then causes the cycle to continue. If I could tell this person that they subconsciously don't think they deserve love because of perhaps something that happened to them in their childhood, would that be the right thing to do? 

Ignorance is bliss and in their ignorance they think they are experiencing bliss, at least most of the time. But if they were to heal themselves and develop better mindsets towards life they would experience true bliss. Sure the journey there will be painful but in the end they will be thankful that they did it. 

In therapy a lot of it's about making the patient realise these things for themselves, but with my personal experience in therapy I needed to hear the hard truth. I did 3 years where the therapist mostly just listened but when I switched to a therapist that actually told me what they thought, that's when I really started improving. 

I feel so bad for these people because some of them go their entires lives without realising this and fixing it. And most of the people who do realise these things probably don't start to do so properly until they have a mid life crisis or when they reach retirement and realise that life is about enjoying it, not reaching an end destination. I kinda interpret the saying "if you want to change the world change yourself" as also saying "you can only change people by inspiring them with your own change" but I find this way kind of discouraging because of how much longer that takes and how much time is then wasted on the unnecessary suffering that they might have to go through to realise it for themselves. Maybe it would be seen as creepy to get a psychoanalysis/advice from someone. Especially if it isn't a really close friend or family. 

Do you think it's pointless, maybe even harmful, to try and tell people what you believe it might be that they need to figure out? Do they need to reach that realisation on their own?

Posted this on Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation and God also:

Edited by Wizardking

If you REALLY know the truth then it's your responsibility to teach it.. and it will work.. it will be a success.. but the truth is you don't know Jack shit .. you are just imagining that you know .. that will never work.. and you will look like an idiot (even if you didn't know it) 

On 10/10/2023 at 3:33 AM, Wizardking said:

Do you think it's pointless, maybe even harmful, to try and tell people what you believe it might be that they need to figure out? Do they need to reach that realisation on their own?

Ultimately, it sounds to me like what you're talking about is saving people.  It doesn't seem to me that enlightened people are so occupied with saving people, but are rather more concerned with something like the beauty of life.  Such beauty could be a reason for saving someone, but it could also mean a whole lot else.  I think that if you try to save someone, but your efforts are "ugly", that you might have trouble just staying out of the way.  Then you have to wonder whether you were really any help at all.

i dont think you should go around telling people you are in an infinitely complex holographic human simulation that a source of power so deceiving it hides inside itself by being completely silent and unmoving, and its is so intelligent it is making everything up, so tricky it can move and not move at the same time.

Edited by Hojo

16 hours ago, Hojo said:

i dont think you should go around telling people you are in an infinitely complex holographic human simulation that a source of power so deceiving it hides inside itself by being completely silent and unmoving, and its is so intelligent it is making everything up, so tricky it can move and not move at the same time.

Well I was more referring to telling people about their psychology and mental health.