Ninja_pig

I am the universe trying to understand itself.

22 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, An young being said:

Why can't the reason be simply to experience the universe and understanding it be just one aspect of experiencing the universe?

As far as I can tell, the whole purpose of reality is to gain understanding of... something. Personally, my entire life has been geared to learn more about the world in an ever-deeper sense.

Look at the way life has evolved ever more to process information and develop greater intelligence throughout its history. You may say that this is simply a byproduct of Darwinian evolution and that there have been many successful lifeforms of low intelligence, but I say why has nature given an edge to lifeforms of higher intelligence? Look at what the dominant species is right now - humans! And why are we so dominant? Because of our superior intelligence as well as our social abilities that allow us to coordinate and share information on a wide scale.

Atoms don't exist for their own sake, they exist so they can create molecules and macroscopic objects! In the same way, the laws of physics don't exist for fun, they were meant to allow life to occur. The world is not an accident.

Why do I exist? I'm god, I'm everything, yet I don't know everything. I exist out of logical necessity from nothing, yet I don't know why nothing logically necessitates my being. But the logical necessity of my existence also necessitates that I seek to understand that very fact, at that is the only way it can be. How do I know? because that is the way it is!

1 hour ago, Ninja_pig said:

Why do I exist? I'm god, I'm everything, yet I don't know everything. I exist out of logical necessity from nothing, yet I don't know why nothing logically necessitates my being. But the logical necessity of my existence also necessitates that I seek to understand that very fact, at that is the only way it can be. How do I know? because that is the way it is!

So, why do other things exist such as movies, relations, pets, games, travel etc.?  Most don't seem to help me in understanding anything. How could reasoning or even realizing be the sole purpose of existence?