Water by the River

From Sofa-consciousness to radiant cosmic Beings whose lives embrace entire galaxies

3 posts in this topic

"When I look around me at the things in my world and say, “Everything is alive,” what I’m really saying is that everything is consciousness in a process of evolution. Just as evolutionary biologists look at a human being and say, “Millions of years ago, you were just a single cell swimming in a primeval sea,” so I might look at myself and think, “Millions of years ago, my consciousness was a sofa in an alien’s living room circling Epsilon Beta IV in the Gamma Quadrant!” And who knows what far future David Spangler may be starting his evolution of consciousness as my easy chair right now?

This is fanciful, of course, but my main point is not. We all participate in a universe of consciousness that is evolving all the time, from the dimmest flickering of sentiency existing in a dream state that is not even self-aware to the fabulously and unimaginably complex and radiant cosmic Beings whose lives embrace entire galaxies. And what we do affects that evolution, at least in the environment around us.

I have encountered subtle beings in the higher-order realms in comparison to whom my consciousness is not much more evolved than the sentiency I find in my sofa. Their response to me is always loving, caring, considerate, and appropriate. They are like shepherds of consciousness, tending its evolution across vast expanses of life and energy. The light of my sentiency is like a shadow compared to theirs, yet they tend to it—as they do to millions and billions of other lives and consciousnesses within the field of their awareness—as if it were the brightest, most valuable flame in creation.

This is the true implication of saying that everything is alive. We are each caretakers for the consciousnesses evolving around us, particularly those of lesser complexity and capacity than our own. When it gets down to it, I really am my sofa’s keeper!"

David Spangler, Subtle Worlds, An Explorer's Field Notes

I thought maybe that is interesting for some. The range of beings, from Sofa to human to beings embracing entire galaxies, towards totally alien realms beyond.

And we as humans in the middle. Able to realize and live our True Nature of Infinite Consciousness/Reality itself. Until we do something else next life. Maybe develop towards that Galactic thing? Who knows... And endless wonderful path still ahead.

What do we do while here on the planet? Preview being Galactic beings (or Alien beings/realms beyond) in certain psychedelic states this life with boosting consciousness? Or realizing and stabilizing our essence, that which we really are: Absolute Reality, Pure Impersonal Infinite Awareness in nondual Union with all that is arising? The blissfull Empty Infinite Centerless Timeless Nonduality of Awakened Awareness? And going previewing other possible modes of existence from that basis/realization, with or without psychedelics? Or not at all? Or tending our garden, hobbies, enjoying earth? Or both? That I don't know, and the answer is unique for each being.

But one thing I do know and have realized, beyond any doubt or possibility of error: Going exploring before having stabilized the realization of True Nature/Enlightenment and access to ones True Impersonal Nondual Infinite Nature (and the blissfull states it brings resting in that can bring) can only mean regular suffering. By definition, like any other separate-self and its projects to ease the suffering.

Because where there is not this realization, there is only the self-contraction/duality/separate ego and its cycles of suffering and fear and contraction. Which seeks easing its suffering by having the sublime experiences/states of higher consciousness/realm states, often of psychedelic nature.

Having said & written that: Bon voyage on whatever your path may be. Walk it, but don't have the illusion that peaking and previewing divine and higher realms brings the permanent freedom from (psychological) suffering/resistance/contraction that only transcending the self-contraction/ego can bring. Preview it, peak into the bliss of divine higher realms, explore it and try it for as long as necessary, and then realize and stabilize the bliss of ones True Nondual and Pure Impersonal Nature/Being right here, right now, on this earth.

Water by the River

PS: 2nd thread started ever. Hope nobody is too annoyed by this one.

Edited by Water by the River

Life is an evolutionary path where each obstacle is in the exact place. There is no guarantee that the obstacles will be overcome and if they are not, there is stagnation, and stagnation increases the pressure, mental suffering, as a mechanism that urges us to get out of it. If you are humble and forget your delusions of grandeur, the path is clear and you can follow it. You have to have enough faith to give up control without stopping doing everything necessary at all times. As you say in the thread, where will this take us? higher, more diaphanous, purer, more beautiful. courage must be total, dedication total, and humility total. anything else is a mistake, and mistakes are paid for

I like to imagine that there are a bunch of Aliens hanging out on Alpha Centauri right now who are raving about their glimpses into unimaginably wild Human states of consciousness.

"Duuuuuuude, forget about enlightenment... unless you've experienced Human Consciousness, you ain't seen SHIT!!!!!"

PS: This thread no doubt represents an unspeakable affront against my delicate spiritual sensibilities. As an ascended master who is lightyears ahead of all the other peasants on this forum who might be misguided by your hair-raising heresies, I cannot and will not tolerate such tomfoolery. You will hear from my second, good sir. Hmph!

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

Why so serious?