Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DefChef

Career!? What Career!?

8 posts in this topic

For a long time I've been working at different "jobs." I'm so tired of "jobs!" At 36 years old I'm just figuring out what career path I want to take. To me, that sounds sad that it took me this long to even begin to think about what I want to do with my life. When I see people younger than me jumping straight into their careers, I wonder, "what happen to me?" I always hear, "better late than never" and I still feel bad. I love to cook and I'm good at it. I always wanted to go to Culinary School but was too afraid. Now, with personal development, I've strengthened myself to not be afraid and tackle this head on. Personal chef, caterer, maybe my own restaurant, I have to live what's in me!

There's no time slot for anyone.  We're all on our own different paths and must not compare our journeys to anyone else's.  You'll know when it's time for you to know.  And it sounds like you've decided on a direction, so congratulations on that!!  Don't worry about your age; you're still young.  Colonel Sanders didn't get going with his chicken idea until he was 60!  

30s is the new 20s ;)

Either you were right and you learn a lot or you where wrong and you learn even more.

Go for it mate! But enjoy the journey without thinking too much on the destination.

Best of Luck

The concept of Age is an illusion,some thing that the ego is creating to hold you back to coax you into thinking that it is all over.See it does not want you take adventures as it fears it will perish.You have to get over this primal ego that wants you resting snugly in your comfort zone and take MASSIVE action.Go do something every minute to reach there.I know of a lady who started her catering business at 55 and became succesful.Light a fire under your ass and go take it what is rightfully yours.

"Everything in moderation, including moderation."-Oscar Wilde

I'm having the same issue. I was in army for long time. Before that i was in flight school. Now I opening my business and going to college full time for mathematics.  I'm thinking about to go to NASA which really not a job more like passion or i go back to flight school. I am not sure. But hopefully i figure out somehow with time.And I am 28 by the way.

8 hours ago, DefChef said:

For a long time I've been working at different "jobs." I'm so tired of "jobs!" At 36 years old I'm just figuring out what career path I want to take. To me, that sounds sad that it took me this long to even begin to think about what I want to do with my life. When I see people younger than me jumping straight into their careers, I wonder, "what happen to me?" I always hear, "better late than never" and I still feel bad. I love to cook and I'm good at it. I always wanted to go to Culinary School but was too afraid. Now, with personal development, I've strengthened myself to not be afraid and tackle this head on. Personal chef, caterer, maybe my own restaurant, I have to live what's in me!

You thought "what happened to me?" You were focused on other stuff instead of focusing on real business. 

Better late then never but you have to take action NOW! In the next 5-10 years, work endlessly on your purpose (chef) and don't give up. If not, you'll be 50 or so regretting what you did with your life, living passively. 

don't be lazy my friend, never, you've got a lot of time to rest when you die, but in this life don't be lazy for a second, to be sucessfull you've got to do that