Sabth

My younger brother is currently in Iceland.

5 posts in this topic

He's working with a tourism industry and have been to a lot of places. All over the world. (Europe & Asia)

Even the middle East, he had gone to way more country than me. Maybe it's the perks of being a guy. But he also works in tourism industry.

I feel behind. Cuz I'm not working. And he has travelled a lot. How can I do better? I don't even have a career. Is it because I'm a female? Or because I didn't complete my degree? 

Within tourism there are a lot of options for women. Tourism and hospitality are closely connected. One of the things to increase your chances in tourism and hospitality is languages. The more languages the easier you can communicate with people. Within tourism at least from my working and traveling I have seen. English, Spanish, German and French are the most important. Also Chinese and Korean to some degree. In different parts of the world Arabic can come more in to play.

Working in tourism can be really fun and build confidence communicating and leading people while making sure they have a good time.

If you want to see as much countries as possible go work on a cruise ship or an airline. You can build something for yourself within tourism. Within tourism you usually don't need many certificates. With hospitality usually there are some certificates.

Tourism relies on your ability to reach people and convince them to take what you are offering. You can focus it on any target audience, men or women, does not matter. 

If you don't have the confidence to start on your own yet, apply for a job within a company first.

I'm not really wanna go this tourism route. I'm just saying that it was my brother's thing/path. 

55 minutes ago, Sabth said:

I'm not really wanna go this tourism route. I'm just saying that it was my brother's thing/path. 

Then I've misread. My apologies.

4 hours ago, OmniNaut said:

Then I've misread. My apologies.

I'm into film making and videography :)?