Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
El Duderino

About Mystical Powers, Religion and Enlightenment

5 posts in this topic

So I know a catholic priest who performs "miracles" such as healing, prophecy, etc. He regularly gets stigmata (five wounds of Christ) and other experiences like bread getting transformed into flesh. To the skeptics, trust me, I know this to be legit, I've witnessed it.

Here are my questions:

Considering consciousness is fundamental, these phenomena are possible, but how exactly? In other words, how do religious miracles happen?

Does one need to be enlightened to develop spiritual powers like healing? And how does one develop these abilities?

And is it possible to be enlightened while being religious? If that is the case, how is that possible? 

On 9/15/2023 at 2:24 AM, El Duderino said:

Considering consciousness is fundamental, these phenomena are possible, but how exactly? In other words, how do religious miracles happen?

Some people are either permanently in a state or can enter a state where there are no ego boundaries and no mental noise/ego beliefs to interfere with effecting the general consciousness (i.e. of "others.")  Stigmata is easily explained the same way any psychosomatic symptoms are explained: the mind is powerful enough to effect physical changes.  It's just in one case it's pathological and unwanted and in the other it's acceptable and even desired.

Does one need to be enlightened to develop spiritual powers like healing? And how does one develop these abilities?

I don't think so.  Some people who have siddhis are not enlightened.  Certainly for some siddhis you just need to temporarily know how to enter a state, you don't need to be permanently in that state.

And is it possible to be enlightened while being religious? If that is the case, how is that possible? 

At a certain point in the awakening process, the religious belief drops away, as training wheels eventually come off a bicycle.  One is awakened to reality in a manner that supercedes any kind of conceptual beliefs, which are intended for those who still have an I-thought, so require the balancing counter-concept of the divine/God.  Religion is a valuable tool on the way to completed awakening, but it's a means to an end, not the end.

On 15/9/2023 at 8:24 AM, El Duderino said:

There are powers out of siddhi and out of shakti.

Siddhis are the fruits of spiritual practice that lock into every day reality. For example, decades of intense yoga can produce the body to be substantially more evolved and conscious. New dimensions open up that are not accesible to most people.

Shaktis are direct manifestations of the state of consciousness you find yourself in. There is no limit here, anything can literally happen.

You really need to have had both experiences to make this distinction and really appreciate it for yourself. Although, theoretical understanding helps.

Other traditions may call it:

God has given him a some particular grace. (Siddhi)

A miracle has happened through this saint. Or as Saints say: I have not done anything but God has done it or it has been done out of itself. (Shakti)

In psychedelic tribes the difference between every day shamanic and energetic mastery vs healing while tripping.

Both find each other, it's like a kiss from relative and absolute, the same coin, two sides. Equal yet opposites.

Direct experience is key. Although, theoretical understanding helps.

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless you live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, you should know the requirements of your body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is wild. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ...                         Discipline this life & Realize Absolute Infinity