Gopackgo

Question

7 posts in this topic

Today During meditation, I got to the point where I had a recurring thought over and over: "Outside of myself there is no knowing." I don't really know what to do with that. I'm going to keep watching it, but what comes to mind is that all reality (knowing of experience) exists inside myself, because that is the logical opposite. I am writing this because recently, when I have posted in this forum, and read responses of others insights, It has sparked insight in me. I have read a lot about non-duality, but I want my conclusion to come from experience as opposed to things I read. I know this seems to contradict what I am doing in posting this, but I am hoping that through relation with all of you, I might open myself up to understanding. I know that likely this has been others experience, and I was hoping to get some other's views of where things went from here. Thank you all for any feedback, you have already helped me so much.

Meditation is the mind training itself. You are just along for the ride.

That seems to be the case. And its easy to observe. All you need to do is ask some questions.

Have you ever experienced anything besides "experiencing"? In other words, have you seen anything other than "consciousness witnessing things here and now"?

You will see that its not possible, because if the answer is yes, then who or what was witnessing that thing, if not you as consciousness?

Now, have you witnessed anything independent of consciousness?

Again the answer you get is no. The experience and experiencer arise together. In other words, they are one and the same, it is not possible to have one without the other. The division into two is mind's doing.

In the light of the above, nothing ever happens or is contained outside the consciousness. Even the thought "I" occurs inside it. The bottom line is - all we know is our own consciousness.

Edited by PureExp

My Blog : : Pure Experiences : : Pure Knowledge

good,

but you are assuming that there is an outside of this knowing 

there is only knowing

One’s center is not one’s center, it is the center of the whole. 

And the ego-center is one’s center.

That is the only difference, but that is a vast difference.- 

4 minutes ago, Vingger said:

good,

but you are assuming that there is an outside of this knowing 

there is only knowing

See that's the thing. I kind of realized that I had no conception of what "nothing" really is. I think previously, I always considered it as blank space without even considering it. But it kind of hit me that nothing is just... nothing. It's almost like the word "nothing" shouldn't even be used to describe it. The opposite of true nothing is infinity, which makes sense because there can be nothing outside of knowing. Really I think what may be happening is that I may be making peace with the idea that there is no objective thing outside of awareness. Idk, I'm still working on that, and I'm really trying to stay patient and wait on experience instead of making assumptions. It's really hard not to rationalize or project. Thank you!

I think before, my mind was telling me that even if there was something outside knowing, it wouldn't matter because I wouldn't be there to see it. But I think that is inaccurate.

@Gopackgo

to mind nothing can't be other than a blank space because the nature of thought is to create a isolated object of something

you can't get the actual phenomenom only a representation

so you are this nothing but you can't "know you" with mind

meditate on this

How does the sun to illuminate itself?

He can not turn around and enlighten himself

then change light for only know

Edited by Vingger

One’s center is not one’s center, it is the center of the whole. 

And the ego-center is one’s center.

That is the only difference, but that is a vast difference.- 

@Vingger  I also just bought the book that Leo referred to, "The Psychology of Man's Possible Evolution".  If you haven't read it, I highly highly suggest it. It is amazing.

This morning when I was meditating, I had this moment where I realized how hilarious my doubts are. I realized that The one creating that is irrelevant. I choose what I am. I choose to be pure awareness. I am the only one who creates my reality. I just busted out laughing. I could feel doubt rising and just cant stop laughing at it. Mara is a joke. I keep laughing every time I feel it trying to rise. It's so funny. How could I ever be anything other than what I want to be? I don't know about all the mystical stuff I have read about, but I know that I have the rest of my life to figure it out. I even know that everything in my life won't be bliss, but its hilarious that I thought this could be taken away from me without surrendering it.:D