Romanov

The swamp is being drained

4 posts in this topic

Trump has to win this election or he’s kaput, finito. They say each indictment is garnering him votes, but from who mostly? Right wing nut jobs? I’m actually interested in the extent that these indictments have affected his chances of getting reelected. Saying that the indictments will guarantee his election is already assumed because the right has no other choice but to capitalize on his indictments. If I was in his position, I would be doing the exact same thing to not lose support from my base. 

IMG_8169.jpeg

Many of Mr. Trump's supporters don't see the court's rulings as legitimate. They just see it as a witch hunt by Dems and ignore. They don't see that it is also Mr. Trump's inner circle that is speaking up.

They also hear Republican commentators being overly critical and lying about Biden.

There may be other factors like single-issue voting, culture wars, and age.

@Romanov when you dismiss and ignore the misery of tens of millions of people for many decades, what do you expect them to become?

Of course they become angry right wing nut jobs.

If Trump goes away, that desperation will manifest in other disfunctional ways.

Just human nature. I like to poke at leftists at how their authoritarian tendencies manifested during the pandemic as another example. Each side thinks the other side are the devil but can't see the danger lurking on their own side.  Politics is a horseshoe... the fringes tend to be authoritarians, anarchists, etc... so if you fall into that category, I would classify you as the "fringe."   Collectivism doesn't, and will never, work, because of human nature. It will always be dependent on more free outside elements for it's survival.

"Ignoring the misery of (fill in the blank)" is used as the justification for all sorts of tyranny throughout the history of our species. Misery and suffering are terrible, but the ends don't justify the means. Have I used the quote about the road to hell being paved with good intentions before?

Looking back at covid it's easy to see how these sorts of nationalist movements form and oppression of unfavorable groups happens. It was a fascinating sociological look at our specie's nature. I disagree it will be talked about for centuries to come. History is written by the victors.  That said, the whole prosecution of Trump is a joke... the pot calling the kettle black. That said, I don't really want him nominated or re-elected.  That said, this is a political witch hunt by the people in charge, which happens all the time. Always has, always will.   When I look at this planet and species now I see DNA computer programs acting themselves out. The level of free will we actually have is debatable. So many times people make choices that defy rationality and fall back on their animal instincts, or their fight or flight response, or any number of other "drives and cravings" our species has.  It makes it easier to have compassion for all sides, rather than taking sides.

I forgive them. Why hold anger inside when you know collectivism is driven by DNA computer programs within the individual host organism? Watching ant colonies on the AntsCanada channel it amazes me their collective intelligence. Evolution is fascinating. The DNA programming within different species is fascinating. Human programming seems complex, but it's not, and no amount of money and power makes you immune.

Edited by sholomar