Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shin

The Very Core Of The Work

5 posts in this topic

Ok, so this morning was very hard for me, a lot of stuff buried inside me for a while was surfacing, and I just couldn't control any of it.
It was a while since I've been sad like that, and I thought maybe it would never happen again, but this is a newbie mistake.

So, like usual, I accepted my suffering and tried to be very mindful of it, instead of identifying with it.
Except this time I choose to go deeper, I choose to look from my early childhood to my present life, and remember all the suffering I ever had.

It was horrible ... and amazing.
Instead of just feeling the pain, I started to feel compassion for myself, but it wasn't coming from "me".
That was very freeing, and for the first time of my life I (kinda) felt love for someone, my inner broken and sad past child who always felt alone.

So if I have one advice to give here, is to never flee from your pain,
In fact, seek for it, it's the only path there is,
All else is just pure fantasy.

@Guivs Thank you :)

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@ShinHey :) LOVE IT! Thanks for posting.

This is my mantra : "whatever happens, turn towards it".

But I'm still a coward in many instances :P 

What you say is highly related to this video :

Edited by Guivs

Might help someone.

When you know where the suffering truly comes, you can actually start to supress it with the right actions.

Example : Whenever you talk to a girl, you feel a sense of shame arising, be mindful here, it’s probably because you’re virgin or have been emotionally abused by a feminine aspect in the past.

The right actions would be to get a girlfriend and/or to make girl friends, to embody for real that sex is not some magical experience that will make you someone greater/women aren’t evil at all (consciously you might not think that, but inconsciously you do)

Eventually, you could supress all your negative emotions, well concerning you, you'll still feel sad for others one way or another.

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

On 25/03/2017 at 11:15 AM, Shin said:

So if I have one advice to give here, is to never flee from your pain,
In fact, seek for it, it's the only path there is,

I have recently been practicing mindfulness on strong negative emotions. I find that by trying to ignore or deny these emotions we actually just perpetuate them. As though trying to convince ourselves that they are not there, or that we should not be feeling them, in some way just strengthens them and creates more suffering.

So I've started to consciously focus in on emotions. I will sit and apply my awareness to the feelings and the thoughts. And fully feel the emotion and the physical discomfort that manifests in my body. Let it flow through me. And eventually something very strange happens. As I focus in and the pain becomes stronger there reaches a point when something 'pops'. That's the best way I can describe it. It is as though you see through the thought story that causes the pain and suddenly it expires. And in an instant, there is a relief. Suddenly there is no more negative emotion, no more physical discomfort.

I am free from it. And I find myself feeling very present and mindful. In fact it is as though I am in a meditation session with my attention being directed at the present moment experience and not the thought stories in my mind.

I can only assume that this is one of the subtle benefits of a long-term meditation and mindfulness habit. But it goes to show that we should engage more with our negative emotions, and not less. The intense awareness of the emotion becomes curative.

“If you correct your mind, the rest of your life will fall into place.”  - Lao Tzu

1 minute ago, FindingPeace said:

I have recently been practicing mindfulness on strong negative emotions. I find that by trying to ignore or deny these emotions we actually just perpetuate them. As though trying to convince ourselves that they are not there, or that we should not be feeling them, in some way just strengthens them and creates more suffering.

So I've started to consciously focus in on emotions. I will sit and apply my awareness to the feelings and the thoughts. And fully feel the emotion and the physical discomfort that manifests in my body. Let it flow through me. And eventually something very strange happens. As I focus in and the pain becomes stronger there reaches a point when something 'pops'. That's the best way I can describe it. It is as though you see through the thought story that causes the pain and suddenly it expires. And in an instant, there is a relief. Suddenly there is no more negative emotion, no more physical discomfort.

I am free from it. And I find myself feeling very present and mindful. In fact it is as though I am in a meditation session with my attention being directed at the present moment experience and not the thought stories in my mind.

I can only assume that this is one of the subtle benefits of a long-term meditation and mindfulness habit. But it goes to show that we should engage more with our negative emotions, and not less. The intense awareness of the emotion becomes curative.

Exactly, it's so counter-intuitive ^^

Right now, when I'm experiencing a "negative" emotion, I'm excited ...

Because I know that If I can catch it, and look at it, it will go, and if it doesn't, at least I know what I have to work on.

As you say, you want to do this every single moment, every thoughts, every actions,

If you can feel through your awareness the emotions you feel, and focus on it deeply, that's it, you've got emotional mastery :P

God is love

And God in them