bigzbigi

Ego - Unnecessary Middleman

6 posts in this topic

This analogy came to my mind and I like it so I share it:)
Ego is like  unnecessary middleman. Self has limited amount of energy (cash) for experiencing life and instead of experiencing eg. joy directly, self is funding existence of middleman and additionally self paying middleman for experiencing joy. Self is paying with a whole lot energy for it instead of using this energy directly for experiencing joy. Self could spend all that cash for it. 

Well Ego's gotta eat too, riight. The market is tough.

Jokes aside, I see what you mean. Ego acts as a sort of prism that limits the experience. Got ya

Maybe because you make the I into a something, therefore becoming a bottleneck. A bottleneck we are very very attached to

Edited by Dodoster

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

@bigzbigi In my opinion, the ego is a necessary middleman. It is said, "the Self experiences itself through the self."

5 hours ago, bigzbigi said:

Ego is like  unnecessary middleman.

The child grows through the growth of his ego ; and ego is a social need, society, nations cannot exist in present shape without ego.

2 hours ago, Prabhaker said:

The child grows through the growth of his ego ; and ego is a social need, society, nations cannot exist in present shape without ego.

Yes, because child is thought to be like this on any possible level. Yes, this system cannot preserve without ego and it seems pretty impossible to change this system..

7 minutes ago, bigzbigi said:

because child is thought to be like this on any possible level

Ego is a survival measure. If a child is born without the ego, he will die. He cannot survive, it is impossible, because if he feels hunger he will not feel: I am hungry. He will feel there is hunger, but not related to him. The moment hunger is felt, the child feels: I am hungry, he starts crying and making efforts to be fed. The child grows through the growth of his ego.