Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
framu

Energy and "the metaphysical self" are the only constants in the universe

6 posts in this topic

I watched Oppenheimer yesterday, and I got some thoughts about science and metaphysics.

The speed of light (and other particles) is the only constant in our «physical universe». In metaphysics, the «metaphysical self» is the only constant in our subjective experience. "Physical material" can transfer info light and vice versa. From the perspective of light, time dosen´t exist. When our ego collapses, we experience that time is a concept and the present moment is infinite and neverending. The only law of energy (which is light) is that it can’t be created, neither be destroyed, but only change form to a lower quality.

Is being «a human» the equivalent to energy being aware of itself through conceptualization?

Edited by framu

Yup its machine that light goes into and runs for a time. I think from semen

Edited by Hojo

The speed of light in a vacuum is the only constant in terms of the theory of relativity, but it is questionable in terms of the quantum mechanics. And by metaphysical self, i think you are talking about the transcendental self in kantian terms, or the cogito in cartesian terms. 

Some physicists, who are into mysticism, also claim that there is a connection between light and self. But that probably is an analogical explanation. And, also, light and energy are not the same thing, light is one of the possibly forms energy takes. 

By the way, the idea that energy cannot be created or destroyed is also problemmatic. For instance, according to some physicists, there was absolutely nothing "before" the big bang, so there also was no energy. 

1 hour ago, Vibroverse said:

The speed of light in a vacuum is the only constant in terms of the theory of relativity, but it is questionable in terms of the quantum mechanics. And by metaphysical self, i think you are talking about the transcendental self in kantian terms, or the cogito in cartesian terms. 

Some physicists, who are into mysticism, also claim that there is a connection between light and self. But that probably is an analogical explanation. And, also, light and energy are not the same thing, light is one of the possibly forms energy takes. 

By the way, the idea that energy cannot be created or destroyed is also problemmatic. For instance, according to some physicists, there was absolutely nothing "before" the big bang, so there also was no energy. 

Yeah, that is what I mean about the "metaphysical self". I meant that about energy as well. 

The way I look at science is that it's models works good within its limitations - with i.e speed of light, gravity etc. But for example, when it comes to black holes - that is just plain theory. And I think it isn't possible to experience the inside of black hole as the finite beings we are because the classical laws of physics don't apply there (and so can't we).

Every conceptualization has to exclude something to be finite. And it's not possible to compress infinite into some finite concept. So every finite perspective (one of which is our human percpective) will never be real. But I acknowledge that some concepts and models in "physical reality" work really well within its limitations. So no concepts are real, but they are at the same time useful to understand something.

And with stuff like that energy is not created or destroyed is where conceptualization and logic meets the pavement. Existence can't never be logically explained. 

So energy being aware of energy is just a limited concept. But there seems to be some similarities between metaphysics and physics.

Yeah, but i think, first of all, we should think clearly about what even is science, and then what exactly is language, for we communicate through something called language that is talking about something called science, and many other concepts. 

I have no clue. What do you think?

One thing I experienced that I think is really funny is that when I took LSD for the first time, I tried to explain some phenomenon inside my counsiousness. For every word I used, the phenomenon I was describing vs experiencing was being more and more distorted to such a degree that the words I used didn't make any sense. It felt like the sand was just falling trough my hands and. Do you think that trying to explain anything with words is like having a perfect picture with infinite pixels and that is compressed down to a low pixel picture?

Another point regarding science that I also think can be analogous to what it's possible to experience while introspecting is string theory (implicating parallell universes) and quantum mechanics. With regards to infinite universes I am thinking about the birth / rebirth process and reality being a fractal. With quantum mechanics I think its interesting that every particle is in a superposition until you actually observe it, which can hammers home the point that consciousness is like an infinite probability field.