Dan Arnautu

Mandala Cycles - 3 Days Of No Eating

2 posts in this topic

Hi guys! I've found a real interesting idea in Sadhguru's book ”Inner Engineering” that I wanted to share with you.

I've been doing bodybuilding for a few years now and I noticed that there are often short periods of time when my body does not ask for food. While reading the book above I had an aha moment. He explains the situation like this:

”If you observe the natural cycle of the body, you will find that there is something called mandala. A mandala is a cycle of forty to forty-eight days that the human system goes through. In every cycle, there will be three days on which your body does not need food. [...] Even dogs and cats have this awareness; on a particular day they often choose not to eat.”

Presumably it is a cleaup day and also this can introduce you to fasting. I am currently bulking and I usually have an extremely high apetite. Yesterday my body did not ask for food but I ate what I needed to eat forcefully as I then just came back from the gym and wanted to promote muscle recovery.

Take this as an idea to entartain. Might be of some use to you or not. Either way it's fine. 

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard

@Dan Arnautu I've also seen a video on what to eat of Sadhguru's. Basically, he said we should listen to our bodies after we eat something, and if it makes us feel dead, we should stop eating that food. I didn't know of this mandala thing. Hell, there're so many secrets that our body and our inner energy have, that in the modern society we have no clue about. Just a stupid and endless orgy of supliments and medications. 

Ain't it funny how men think?

They made the bomb, they are extinct.