Anirban657

Aiming Too High And Being A Victim?

3 posts in this topic

Why am I not getting the results I want in life? Am I aiming too high and not staying grounded or am I just acting like a victim and not taking responsibility?

I am a student and I have failed twice in Maths for both the previous exams. I chose the subject even though I did not really love it. Now since I failed twice I am thinking if I made a wrong decision choosing Maths as one of my subjects. I am also starting to doubt if I am just being too lazy and acting like a victim. 

Any advice would be helpful. Thank you!

Edited by Anirban657

"Becoming 'awake' involves seeing our own confusion more clearly"-Rumi

How much action did you take to study for those maths exams? And was it consistent action or just once in a while? 

In the post, you say you do not love math so I am assuming:

You did not take massive action to prepare and study for your maths exams. Therefore, you did not take responsibility. Fail to prepare, prepare to fail ;) 

I think from my own life that I've always had a strong thirst for learning in general. Even if there is a subject I dislike, I can "trick" myself into liking it by staying open minded and focus on whatever the subject has to offer. Then, when I improve my understanding, my level of motivation skyrockets. Then It's like: Hey, this subject is not that bad afterall. What was I thinking? 

My advice would be to try to see the beauty of mathematics. 

Why is math fascinating? Why is math useful? Why are we learning about math? What do I like to study in math? 

Change your mindset about math is what I'm saying in a nutshell :) 

@Christian I did not take massive action. I thought that making a daily studying habit would solve the problem. But I only got the instantaneous feeling of achievement each day even though my improvements were not significant. I also procrastinated and started comparing myself to my friends who were like me. 

My parents and teachers though I was making progress because I looked confident but in reality I was still at the same place. 

I watched Leo's how to not be a victim video again and I realised the trap I fell in. I had fake growth instead of a real growth and I am responsible for that. 

Thank you for the advice!

"Becoming 'awake' involves seeing our own confusion more clearly"-Rumi