KatiesKarma

Extremely persistent emotional numbness/emptiness/inability to feel ANY emotion

41 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, KatiesKarma said:

@TheCloud @TheCloudhey , I tried the technique and it subsequently triggered a dream that caused me to feel pretty anxious. It works. 

I have three parts within me. The manager, the exiled child and a schizoid/schizophrenic part.

Awesome!  I don't know if it helps, but the naming part can be fun.  The next step requires some negotiation skills.  The disintegrated parts of you generally have singular goals that they will pursue to the extreme and at any cost to the rest of you.  It's not that they're malicious, it's just that they've been alone and therefore have had no reason to learn how to co-exist.

Your purpose is to convince them to come to the table with all the other parts of yourself, and consider their overall impact.  If they know they'll have a turn to speak at the table and that they'll be listened to by the rest of you, they'll eventually be socialized to healthy co-existence.  As they integrate, with time the difference between them and you will disappear and you'll unite as a single entity with a singular will, all the stronger for having united.

Something to remember is that no part of yourself has privileged information;  every part of yourself is you, knowing everything you know and knowing nothing that you don't know.  So if you don't know why the Exiled Child was exiled, neither does the Exiled Child.  That's something you'll have to figure out together.

Another thing is that not all parts of you will join the table.  Some will realize that they are inessential, and fade away.  No part is so malicious that it will remain while knowing that it has no place in you.  I believe it will never be necessary to go beyond negotiation to "kill" a part of yourself.

Conversations aren't limited to two sides.  If you're not getting anywhere with two of you, sometimes it helps to bring in a third persona, to mediate or add a new perspective.  You can divide yourself up as many times as you can keep track of the parts.

I'm glad you're finding the technique useful.  If you want, please keep updating if you make progress.