Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nima

How To Use Our Time Optimally?

5 posts in this topic

- Is it " living the current moment happily?"

- Doing the most important things ?the next question is what are most important things for us? One of them Is knowing who we really are ?what is the single truth about life?Why there is death ? Is there anyway to upgrade our wisdom to a better version?

- Doing Tasks we think helps us to achieve our goals ?

Edited by nima

Hi,

How about doing the most important things to achieve your goals and have fun doing so?

I certainly do not want to mock you by putting all three options in one answer, I really think that it's the truth. You should decide what you want in life (goals), naturally you have important things that follow out of this decision, and, to make sure you stick to it, you should structure the necessary activities in a way that you enjoy. That's easier said than done, I struggle a lot with it myself.

I just read a great book about exactly that topic: Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi - Flow.

The book analyzes all kinds of enjoyable activities and what they have in common, no matter if it's work, sports or anything else. Even more interesting is how different people experience the same things differently, and why. After reading that book you basically know what makes a good experience, and that it is more about HOW you do it than WHAT you are doing. I try to implement some of it in every aspect of life, but it's to early to talk about my results.

The key is: It is possible to combine all of your choices, and not only possible but rather advisable!

I do not know enough about you to give an example out of your life, but I have one out of mine: I don't like shopping for groceries, but it needs to be done. If there is no food in the house it seems to be the most important thing. My goal is to get smarter, get finacially independent and help other people. So in order to enjoy shopping I made little adjustments: First, I only do it when there is enough time to stop at a nearby park (needs a little planing in advance) and read a few pages (alignment with my goal of getting smarter, at least I hope and tell me so :P). Second, I always take the money for my bottles in cash, instead of letting it reduce my receipt, and put it into a piggy bank (get's me motivated, hey I get money!). Too bad I only can help somebody once in a while on my way, but I still have fun shopping, after making these adjustments.

byebye

paul

Edited by SmokeAndMirrors
grammar

40 minutes ago, SmokeAndMirrors said:

Hi,

How about doing the most important things to achieve your goals and have fun doing so?

I certainly do not want to mock you by putting all three options in one answer, I really think that it's the truth. You should decide what you want in life (goals), naturally you have important things that follow out of this decision, and, to make sure you stick to it, you should structure the necessary activities in a way that you enjoy. That's easier said than done, I struggle a lot with it myself.

I just read a great book about exactly that topic: Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi - Flow.

The book analyzes all kinds of enjoyable activities and what they have in common, no matter if it's work, sports or anything else. Even more interesting is how different people experience the same things differently, and why. After reading that book you basically know what makes a good experience, and that it is more about HOW you do it than WHAT you are doing. I try to implement some of it in every aspect of life, but it's to early to talk about my results.

The key is: It is possible to combine all of your choices, and not only possible but rather advisable!

I do not know enough about you to give an example out of your life, but I have one out of mine: I don't like shopping for groceries, but it needs to be done. If there is no food in the house it seems to be the most important thing. My goal is to get smarter, get finacially independent and help other people. So in order to enjoy shopping I made little adjustments: First, I only do it when there is enough time to stop at a nearby park (needs a little planing in advance) and read a few pages (alignment with my goal of getting smarter, at least I hope and tell me so :P). Second, I always take the money for my bottles in cash, instead of letting it reduce my receipt, and put it into a piggy bank (get's me motivated, hey I get money!). Too bad I only can help somebody once in a while on my way, but I still have fun shopping, after making these adjustments.

byebye

paul

Thank you dear paul for your attention and time and the book by Csikszenthmihalyi . I intended to read it and I think it helps

It's important to focus on your life's purpose. Regardless of what other people think. If your talking about how to do it? Set an alarm for an hour and stay on the subject until the alarm go's off. Take a 5 or 10 minute break and repeat the process. 

I believe that's possible to divide the time spending in different ways during each week.

Building a routine is very important to reach consistency, but is very important to update your 

plans and tasks according to your creative Ideas.

The reality is in consistent change and each day we have new contents to deal with.@nima @SmokeAndMirrors @nima @nima