BojackHorseman

People who have took medications for ADHD, BPD, Autism, Anxiety...how did it go?

2 posts in this topic

I'm self diagnosed for those but sometimes IRL it becomes a burden. I'm too proud (not the right term but can't find another one) to get help (I think a psychiatrist or similar could not tech me anything I don't already know, and I have really good close people I've alredy vented everything I could to), and I feel like medication is cheating (I know it's ridiculous, from a standard standpoint), instead of trying to better myself.

I've also often read that meidcation could make things worse. In ltos of cases, it seem?

And having medical anxiety, it certainly doesn't reassure me.

I would like to believe that if I took back meditation and tried to be more conscious, I could live a better life (even tho I'm functional and masking ok, I still am usually on a waaay higher anxiety level than most people inside, and depression can strike pretty fucking hard, and not go away, no matter how hard I try and sit on it. and it's getting worse and worse, I think?)

But the average opinion in society probably says I should?

Not sure what to do.

Any experiences on medication? And do you think it helps, but becomes a burden once you have to get off it? (or maybe you're supposed to take them your whole life?)

There is one thing about all studies, research and evidence about health no one tells you.

That solid high quality sleep, daily consistent high intensity exercise and a great diet is 10x more effective then any medication.

There not in the same league.

ive seen alot of people on the site over the years with alot of mental health problems of various types, even simple negative thinking and across the board non of them do anything right biologically, so what do people expect? 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?