Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sugarcoat

How to create curve in thoracic spine

7 posts in this topic

So I have this neck hump right. And I’ve  suffered from it for years, by it causing severe muscle tension leading to jaw and tmj pain etc. 

As I’ve become more aware of my body I have noticed clearly that this is not a soft curve that can be corrected through exercises and good posture. Those have gotten rid of the pain yes but haven’t moved the curve as it is my spine causing it.  The main problem I have noticed is that my thoracic spine lacks proper curvature,  causing the curve to be compensated for higher up creating the neck hump. 

I went to a physiotherapist recently and he confirmed all my suspicions. Nothing he told me was new to me. 

There is no way this neck hump can correct itself if my thoracic spine stays lacking in curve like this. It’s not physiologically possible through my own independent scientific analysis. I wonder, is there any way to create more curve in it? 

I’ve googled and I’ve seen different movements and stretches but they don’t seem strong enough. I’ve tried my own semi psychotic methods such as pressing on my chest to try to force the spine back, laying on a ball on my chest for the same reason, moving my spine in weird directions, violently pressing on it etc, all to try to induce this curve, but damn it is rock solid.

So I’m asking here as I suspect crazy people like me might exist here who might have some ideas to share. Anyone knows? Cmon I’m trying to have a sexy spine for my soon up coming vacation. How hard can it be…. I will be seeing  chiropractor after and hopefully he can help me but my patience is running out I can’t live one more day with this subhuman deformity y’all ?

Edited by Sugarcoat

I'm not a professional but when I had back pain from a pretty big sedentary lifestyle I started standing nearby the window while I drank my coffee in the morning instead of sitting down at my PC, seemed to really help.

6 hours ago, enzyme said:

I'm not a professional but when I had back pain from a pretty big sedentary lifestyle I started standing nearby the window while I drank my coffee in the morning instead of sitting down at my PC, seemed to really help.

The more standing the better I find so not bad advice

i hang upside down sometimes too just a tip it’s great 

Mmmm, yoga? If you like pain so much you can do yin yoga 

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

2 hours ago, Salvijus said:

Mmmm, yoga? If you like pain so much you can do yin yoga 

Now that you mention. Maybe it’s time for me to try yoga after all. There must be a reason so many in spiritual communities talk about it 

I can send you yin yoga from echkart tolle school. It has postures for the spine and back. 

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

1 hour ago, Salvijus said:

I can send you yin yoga from echkart tolle school. It has postures for the spine and back. 

Sure