mariustuhut

Heavy metals provoked test

2 posts in this topic

So I've been chelating from 1.5 years now and had some pretty good gains but also some difficult periods.

Done 2 urine provoked with DMSA, one before starting the treatment and one recently about 1 month ago. What is pretty crazy is that lead levels are the same in both tests (in the red zone, before chelation 9.9 ug/g Creat and after chelation 10 ug/g Creat). I'm really worried after this amount of time doing this protocol that the lead levels are the same. Anyone has any opinions on this? Are these tests accurate knowing that DMSA is more effective with lead and this could somehow influence the tests? Mercury for example seem accurate because is lower in the second result. Can anyone share some opinion please? Maybe @Leo Gura? Thank you!

Before:

before.png

After:

after.png

mariustuhut,  First of all how are you taking DMSA for chelation?

Orally or IV?  I have  high lead and mercury levels and I'm working with a naturopath doing IV chelation once a week with EDTA.  I also used DMSA for the unprovoked (baseline) and provoked tests.  What I've learned from several sources is that since the lead 'hides out" in our tissues, mainly our bones, it only gradually is pulled via the chelators.  So, many times after a round of several chelation sessions, you may find even more lead on your test.   Does this make sense?  It's also a good Idea (though too late for you) to begin with an unprovoked urine test to see what the baseline is.  I'm really curious if you've been taking DMSA orally or IV because I recently read that oral chelators less effective than IV because they have to go through the GI tract and many of us have impaired GI tracts.  Can't find my resource for that but if you want I can look more.