Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Saba

One Thing You Should Never Say (or Think)

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

Recently I've been thinking about the importance of watching my language, particularly my self-talk. I've vowed to never use the phrase "I don't have time" as an excuse for anything. 

Instead, I'm shifting it to "it's not a priority", which is much closer to the truth. If I'm thirsty, the chances of me going without water for very long is quite slim. Because it's a priority. 

Also, when using "it's not a priority" instead of "I don't have time", you really call yourself out on your own BS. 

So many people say they don't go to the gym because they don't have time. But if they said instead, "I don't go to the gym because it's not a priority", they'd see how silly it sounds. They'd think: "oh snap, my health isn't a priority? Then what is?" 

The other reason why using time as an excuse is absolute BS, is because it NEVER CHANGES. We ALWAYS have 24hrs in a day -- there is no surprise there! So how can you be over 10 years old and still use TIME as an excuse?

Shift your priorities if you "don't have time". 

Thoughts?

Yes you have to be honest at least to yourself at all times if you're not u are harming yourself and others in sneaky indirect ways i experienced. Actually u can't even begin to comprehend the evil and damage done with with lying to yourself and u can argue that it is the source of all evil that sounds over the top maybe but i think there is some truth to it. 

it is bad really bad that i hear adults in their forties say these little lies and fooling themselves but no surprise in a culture that by default does not offer any guidance. I catch my parents on these things all the times and i sometimes wonder how much did it indirectly damage my early development all tough i forgive them.

i think it is very good to take that vow.

Watching your language when talking to yourself and others is a great habit to have. Too often we say shit out of routine or ease instead of just saying the truth.  Im trying to say my truth when when I cannot elaborate. I have a hard time explaining things or saying fully what's on my mind so in have been making efforts to make a brief but true feeling or thought and then just leave it be.