Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CherryColouredFunk

People who've chelated without ALA before, did it have an effect?

3 posts in this topic

I cannot currently take ALA due to removing mercury dental fillings recently. But I can take DMSA or DMPS, and I'm leaning towards DMSA, since when I was young child, I used to bite through and eat multiple lead pencils. Well, google says "lead pencils" are graphite not lead, so perhaps not.

Regardless, anyone here chelated with DMSA or DMPS without ALA? Was it of any use? And between DMSA and DMPS do you have a particular preference for which is objectively better? Because I'm wondering if there's any point to chelation without ALA.

I've made two threads recently asking about chelation as well:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/92999-heavy-metal-chelation-should-dmsadmps-be-done-before-ala/#comment-1317878
https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/93087-where-is-the-best-heavy-metal-urine-test/#comment-1319256

Edited by CherryColouredFunk

16 hours ago, CherryColouredFunk said:

I used to bite through and eat multiple lead pencils

damn, hope that's not true otherwise my brain is f-ed :D My mouth used to be blue all the times because I would bit through the replacaple plastic ink container like 4 times a week when I was a kid . 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Hahah. Yeah I was like that, biting pens and pencils all the time. Pretty sure I would bite ink cartridges. But about pencils, they contain graphite not actual lead, despite being called "lead pencils".