Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Santiago Ram

My Journey with Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation for Executive Functions: A Leap

8 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,
Today, I wanted to share a significant chapter of my personal journey with you all. After a lot of contemplation, I've decided to start undergoing Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) therapy, aiming to enhance my executive functions, with a hope to better fit into the work society.

Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation, or TMS, is a noninvasive procedure that uses magnetic fields to stimulate nerve cells in the brain. In my case, it is targeted to the prefrontal cortex, the area of the brain that controls executive functions. Research studies show that this therapy can be used effectively to improve these functions, and I am hoping to witness similar benefits.

I'm taking this step because I believe in my potential and my capacity to contribute to society. Having a job means more to me than just financial independence. It's about being part of something larger, contributing my skills to the world, and ultimately, feeling a sense of fulfillment and self-worth.

My therapy sessions have just begun, and the road ahead is unknown and probably challenging, but I'm ready for the journey. While it might be intimidating, I also see it as an exciting opportunity for growth. I will keep you all posted about my progress and share my experiences in future posts.

3E36573A-B37F-4984-A257-2D319EB09AA9.jpeg

Edited by Santiago Ram

First: they made a map of my ‘imaginary’ brain, seeing which parts were weaker.

F2544B01-B2D7-4026-94F7-6E0D46C49B96.png

Edited by Santiago Ram

Second: they made marks on a little cap on the Dorsolateral left prefrontal cortex, as this was weaker.

3D4D1F58-A909-4C31-AEE1-40078C050C3D.png

This has been by far, the most effective psychiatric treatment so far (and I have tried everything from therapy to anti-psychotics to Ritalin to rehab). My wish is to make this treatment less expensive and available to everyone.