mmKay

Self-Fertilizing Cereal Crop - Goodbye to Nitrogen Fertilizer Issues?

7 posts in this topic

Edited by mmKay

World's #1 Spiritual Twerking Coach 🍑

@mmKay

On 2023-05-19 at 8:09 AM, mmKay said:

It's not so simple IMO. Based on stages of development, cognitive and moral development, personality types/traits, states of consciousness, 9 stages of ego development, life experiences and other lines of development, and ideological indoctrination from culture and upbringing and self biases and prerences. Due to relativity a simplistic decision and solution like this may lead to the creation of several other problems.

For example, life is a series of tradeoffs here, which the stage orange scientist/science community don't realize nor appreciation, trying to research how and why this Maize plant produces self generating slime fertilizer, what's lost in that practical and pragmatic pursuit is the consequences and implications negative around the world such as:

1. Human population increase due to more food in storage, which can impact living land spaces, more food consumption of wheat, more unemployment due to A.I advancing technologies and automation which all is more negative to the environment. Also, demand for food is still relatively maintained and even increases with increases of food, and the question of when this would be implemented and the gap in chaos and change.

2. A short term threat to mainstream standards of the food industry and how the products are made, supplied, and sold in various stores.

3. Actually more proliferations of diseases, due to more people, and monocultural diseases if they want to produce clones of Maize.

Not to mention, all this research is expensive and needs funding from a corporation, which means that corporation will have competitive advantage plus influence what science is done to the Maize plant, and because of the stage orange or other valued corporation, there'll be biases in it such that it may not be for humanitarian reasons that they produce Maize plant mucous and sell the slimes. Also scientific pursuits of GMOs of various plants and maybe animals may lead to unintended consequences in the future. To me, it sounds too good that there'll be self fertilizing plants, and the solutions and implementations of such a vision hard to imagine not having other underlying consequences in other contexts, meaning even if science here is useful the science here is corrupting the plants for some intended future(solving world hunger), which may be a necessary part of how the world currently tries to manage the human population and numbers, may lead to significant increases in humans which may lead to more environmental and psychological issues down the road paved by good intentions, spoilers: is hell.

Bruh

World's #1 Spiritual Twerking Coach 🍑

@mmKay

32 minutes ago, mmKay said:

Bruh

I speak the truth, what about it do you disagree with? Could you elaborate what you think and feel differently to my post?

@RebornConsciousness

10 minutes ago, RebornConsciousness said:

Beautiful plant. The way everything in nature just somehow works is truly marvelous

I don't think that world hunger is caused by the ammount of food produced, it's the way that the world is deeply unequal. How can there be low ammount of food, if the rich side regurarly wastes and throws away it's food, while the poor side has barely something to eat? That just doesn't make sense. So no, the plant wouldn't solve the world's hunger, it's something else. It's human's fault.

Not to mention if global warming isn't stopped soon enough, those plants won't have anything to grow in anyway.

I don't think it's that simple as inequality or rich man vs poor man or other simplistic narratives, but I am okay with YO.(Your Opinion, or YO!).

@RebornConsciousness

10 minutes ago, RebornConsciousness said:

It can be easily simplified due to these 2 reasons:

1. Globally, there is clearly still enough food produced for everybody to eat, ON PAPER. We produce enough food globally to eat 10 billion people. We still only got close to 8 billion people worldwide.
  2. Therefore, the issue has to be linked to food distribution and food politics. I think it's simple and logical conclusion

But it's not that simple though, as there's so many ways to distribute food via imports/exports in market trades/places, and land needed to raise crops on industry level. Also, what do you mean we produce enough food globally to 'eat' 10 billion people? Did you meant to write 'feed', or are you just a cannibal? Is that why you're a reborn again consciousness, because your sin was eating people?

Why is the conclusion you draw at just food distribution and food politics though, and not factoring other externalities and variables? 

@RebornConsciousness

1 hour ago, RebornConsciousness said:

Yeah sorry, I meant feedxD I'm retarded sometimes, due to lower consciousness state after eating some tasty food, or fatigue.

I used to be a fat nobleman in my previous life, then I got poisoned and that explains my aversion towards the word "feed"

There are enviromental factors as well, those would be externalities. But I just think the main factor is still humans. And a lot of those externalities are directly caused by human politics anyway.

Okay then, be careful posting after eating or fatigued, take care.