Jodistrict

Chatgpt and uncensored access to information

2 posts in this topic

This is a thread for a general discussion on AI chatbots, like chatgpt, and how they are limiting access to or censoring information.   The other issue is the power dynamics – are the powerful going to have their own bots with uncensored access that gives them an even more unequal access to information.  Knowledge is power.

One thing I am beginning to notice about chatgpt is that there is a built in political correctness which limits your access to useful information.  For example, I will ask it something like “tell me why people are criticizing X”, and it will come up with something like “you have to be open minded and careful not to criticize, blah blah blah” or it punts to its default copout – “I apologize but as an AI language model, I cannot ......”.   These models have access to a massive amount of data, and an uncensored version of the bot would turn up some extremely valuable information that would override the propaganda that most of us get from mass marketers and other propagandists.  I bet powerful and rich people are going to get access to uncensored searches that gives them an even greater advantage.      

Vincit omnia Veritas.

Definitely the rich and well connected have huge advantages in this age over everyone else, and with growing technology, this trend will steadily increase. 

Within the next 30 - 50 years the rich will have unfathomable advantage over everyone else in every single way and they will continue to gain more and more power. They will be 100 times healthier, smarter, and more powerful. 

You can only accept that the world isn't fair and try to advance yourself or get left behind ... before it's too late. 

I feel that I have about 3 -5 years to get rich otherwise it's too late. I have to jump on that train before technology takes off too much.

Edited by Optimized Life