Venus

What Is Conscious Thought Actually Good For?

4 posts in this topic

What is conscious thought actually good for other than being sure of stuff? It seems that intuition (if I've got it by the right name) is really good enough to lead you all the way through life and all conscious thought seems to do is slow us down and worry. I suppose that's what it could be then: it keeps us alive through fear... Maybe. Let's just start a discussion.

So true, sometimes I look at the mind and I just be like "what the fuck are you spouting that nonsense for?"

it makes absolutely no sense sometimes. 

@Venus Being conscious is good for us, as it allows us to identify what we are doing and why we do the things we do, as well as develop a key understanding of life, by having realisations. Thus in essence, it allows us to not allow survive, but live a meaningful fulfilling life, if you take action upon conscious realisations and insights, which is what great people like Buddha and Jesus did.  But this clearly depends upon, how conscious you are.

Consciousness can also be developed by how frequently and long you meditate/ contemplate for.

How you make use of it! Good luck! ;)

"It is YOU that must change for all else to change." - Me.

Yes. Nonthinking is the way. But, I guess I only say that now, after so many years of thinking, just to see nonthinking. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE