Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ValiantSalvatore

Questions About Creating A Vision For Your Life.

3 posts in this topic

Yesterday I watched Leo's video where he reveals his life purpose and it got me motivated to refine mine. So, I sat down for about 2 - 3 hours with Leo's video in the background and searched for ways how to write a better vision for life. ( I will not call it life purpose at least for me  it is a vision of how I want to live). I was quite skeptical if writing a vision will really help me to accomplish my goals and yes I write my goals down, yet I am not reviewing them as meticulously as I could or should. I journaled a lot the last two years and so I also thought this will be a bit easier since I tend to keep thinking about this stuff quite often. Took me 2h to get moving to write and about 45 min to write the vision. I see people creating a vision board, so I searched for any scientific evidence that this stuff works and found something to the contrary. That a vision board could be detrimental or rather only focusing on the big picture and to not visualize the behaviors, actions, and processes that can make your vision happen. I took the advice from the article and tried to combine both. into my vision the big picture and the detailed steps to achieve the goals.

How often do you guys think on should look and read his life purpose to stay on track? What did work and did not work for you while following your vision what were the things that had been detrimental to achieving your vision? Was it the way you wrote down your vision? Consistency ? Not reviewing goals? Having too high expectations?  Last two years I wrote 2 or 3 what will I do in 5 years "vision" that approximately have been the same on paper. I still feel that I am moving closer to it but I also can sense that somehow things can go wrong and that I have not been able to fully achieve what I have written down. So.. what are your thoughts on even creating a vision and not fully achieving it did it help to get closer? What could you have done better ? etc etc 

Don't know if links are allowed on this forum.

http://www.lifehack.org/articles/lifestyle/create-a-vision-for-the-life-you-want.html

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-blame-game/201205/throw-away-your-vision-board-0

15 hours ago, ValiantSalvatore said:

So.. what are your thoughts on even creating a vision

In my opinion the main benefit of having a clear vision for your life is that it gives you direction. Your vision for your life can act as a kind of "North Star" for your life.

For example, if the vision for your life is one of altruism, activism, and compassion. Then your life purpose and goals should align with this vision. If over time you find that your actions and beliefs are out of alignment with this vision (i.e. you have become selfish, self-centered, and are only concerned with your own well-being) then you know that you have lost your way.

I don't think it is necessary to constantly review your vision for your life, but you should be certain of your life-vision and make sure that it is genuine and true. Once this vision is set then ingrain it in your mind and heart.

Then...

review your actions every now and then to make sure you're on-track.

@Bodhi123 Ok, I got obsessed with a detail again. Thanks, this is great to know. I was moving already into the direction of being aligned with my values, yet I will fall off track most likely often as it has happened before yet this is good to refine the process. Still have a long way to go.