caspex

Crucial Insight on Embodying Love

4 posts in this topic

Embodying Love is not about generating a state of Love within you, nor is it about expanding your sense of self to contain everything, nor is it erasing your sense of self until all that's left is pure oneness, nor is it about extinguishing the illusory center of experience. It's about doing absolutely nothing at all, do not change your experience that's happening right now, do not do anything, let it be. This is being purely authentic to oneness. And when you're purely authentic to oneness, then you can expand that awareness to encompass everything, be it thoughts of jealousy, hate or what not, encompass all of it, and let it be observed by your awareness that it is everything, and then it will see there was no encompassing that was happening, it was all one all along.

Important points:

• To do this you need to be able to separate thinking from awareness. Compared to your awareness, your thoughts are dead. You are this awareness(for now) and you would need to learn to expand it without affecting your thinking at all. It's like trying to play the piano with both hands, but they keep influencing each other. In practice this will look like you(as a thinking mind) wouldn't even know you are doing this, because it can't, it doesn't have access to awareness anymore. If awareness stops giving it data, it has nothing to feed on. Awareness usually lets itself get guided by the thinking mind. If awareness is free flowing water, the thinking mind is like a pipe that directs where the awareness should go. But the thinking mind by itself doesn't know where it can go without the awareness. If you suddenly take the pipes away, the awareness will simply spill everywhere, and encompass everything. The key is that you realize the pipes aren't different from 'everything' that they need to be taken away, the key insight is that the pipes are an illusion and the awareness can simply and independently spill everywhere even if the pipes are there.
  • I stress it again that even if you are feeling anything that you don't like to feel, anger for example, then do not try to change it, suppress it or let it go, don't do anything about it, because the thing that wants to do something about it and will do it, is the thinking mind. The awareness, will simply expand, to encompass that anger, and suddenly the anger will seem weak, even pleasurable.
  • This includes all your petty ego games. Feeling worthless, rejected and what not, all of it is part of everything, instead of changing it let your awareness expand.
  • I would suggest first getting a good grasp of 'everything', try encompassing and figuring out what 'everything' is in the first place.
  • At the end it will be seen there was no awareness separate from the thinking mind, nor was it separate from everything else. It wasn't being narrowed down by the thinking mind, it always was and is everything. You were always doing what I have told you to do here. The metaphor of the pipes is transcended.
  • So everything is essentially the same as you began, but your thinking mind is now not narrowing what you are aware of. It's pure mindfulness. Your thinking mind instead of taking up 99% of your awareness, will only become a minuscule part of everything.

I am sure there are more nuances and factors, so I would love your input.

You're right, Will. I can't do this proof. But you can and when it comes to that it's only about... it's just a handful of people in the world who can tell the difference between you and me. But I'm one of them.

- Good Will Hunting, directed by Gus van Sant

I am sure I am taking this quote completely out of context, but I just found it randomly after making the post, and it fits so well to what I am saying. Think of Will as your Will Power, awareness, and the speaker as the thinking mind.

3 hours ago, Swarnim said:

- Good Will Hunting, directed by Gus van Sant

I am sure I am taking this quote completely out of context, but I just found it randomly after making the post, and it fits so well to what I am saying. Think of Will as your Will Power, awareness, and the speaker as the thinking mind.

Beautiful, except the only difference between Will and « his teacher » is that Will does what you are talking about :)