Shubh_5S

Regarding Contemplation

4 posts in this topic

I watched the most recent video in which Leo tells us about the most important tool of sages : Contemplation.

It is a new insight for me and I got so excited about this tool, Before finishing the video, I started contemplating about many different things and processes. From basics, like what is engineering? What is civil engineering? What is Computer Science? What is my Life purpose? How do I actualize it? 
I started contemplating the domain of my life that is related to my career. Since dropping out from IIIT Hyderabad and starting online selling business was great until orders started decreasing to few. Which is very negative. So I started playing cricket on a daily basis which is the best sport for enjoying for me. Since I love playing cricket. I just want build my infrastructure around so as to I am on my path to somewhere that is blissful. I follow Leo's channel coz I think he is a full of insights though I want to have those or different insights by my self, not by depending or others telling me stories. 

Contemplation is really a powerful technique, but Leo says you need hours and days and sometimes years to contemplate on certain things or area of my life. Other wise it will be making your self dilute in fantasies. So My question to Leo and this community is to shred some more light on as to how do I contemplate in real. Listening to video was awesome. But when I start contemplating do I have to sit with a pen and paper and write whatever comes in my mind regarding the topic? or I have to sit with my eyes closed and think about the thing deeper and deeper while contemplating?

Thanks,

Shubham Upadhyay

Hi, @Shubh_5S !

Contemplation IMO is basically thinking about one question so I suppose everyone can choose way of thinking that fits him best.

I, for example, are sitting rather relaxed with my eyes closed, just because I can concentrate more easily.

I write down my subject (question) in my computer notepad. Sometimes I add more subjects because new subject is needed to clarify initial one. Then I write down it too and think about it.

My example session:

1) Why hurry ? 

2) What is goal ?

3) Goal versus process ?

4) What is process ?

5) what are relationship between goal and processes ?

6) What is result ?

7) What is reason ???

Then, when I finish session, I have network of interrelated nodes and I can contemplate them next time until I get to some conclusions.

Honestly, I think you can get a pretty good idea on how to contemplate by just working on one of Leo's worksheets.

In my opinion at least that's exactly what they're helping you do. If you want a sort of mega deep example of this, look at what the values assessment part of the course is, it looks like a huge contemplation exercise to me.

I usually contemplate by talking to myself. I know it sounds weird, but I go out into the woods and basically have a conversation with my inner voice (loudly) about stuff. The insights I've had are incredible

- Enter your fear and you are free -