quan

5 Years Without Refined Sugar

7 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Just thought it might be of interest to report what it's like to go off refined sugars for 5 years.

At first it was tough dealing with the cravings, and I relapsed many times. But now after 5 years I don't crave or want sugar anymore. That's the biggest change for me, though. Sugar was never a significant problem to me personally.

My attention increased and my mood became more stable. But that could have been due to other habits like meditation.

Other than that, there's not much else to say! My own experience might be boring but I'd love to hear what you guys have experienced quitting sugar.

Great! I have been off refined sugars for about 10 years now. Wait till you get rid of salt too :)

As above so below, as within so without.

2 minutes ago, M A J I said:

Great! I have been off refined sugars for about 10 years now. Wait till you get rid of salt too :)

Wow, that's amazing! Can you share what it was like going off sugar and salt?

I don't think I'm ready to go off salt yet, I'm not that committed xD

Salt is definitely more challenging for most people. I eat mostly fruit so sugar was much easier for me.

I transitioned from refined sugars to natural sugars like honey, maple syrups, molasses, dates and fruits. Well I had all types of issues with health growing up, more than the fingers on my hands, and 90% of them went away after the initial detox that took several months and many experiments with fasting, fruit, herbs, raw foods and juice cleansing that continued for years later.

Salt can be replaced with sea weeds/vegetation but really there is (sodium) in every food, especially vegetables and the less salt we use the more we can taste the natural (sodium) in foods, just like the less flavors and 'additives' we add to the foods, the more the chemical-receptors in our mouth and bodies return to a more natural balance, so even a simple avocado or potato or carrot can taste somewhat salty and flavorful naturally.

Salt is a big issue because it causes calcification in the body, bones, glands and arteries ect... which leads to stagnation and rigidity of bodily functions and disrupts the blood and energy flow within the body, hence is one of the more primary causes of dehydration and premature aging in modern man. Even sea salt is full of heavy metals and (inorganic) minerals, inorganic' meaning our bodies cannot utilize them, we can only utilize minerals through plants, and they utilize it from the rocks ect.. The cycle of life.

I notice with less and less salts and or replacements, the consciousness is further clearer and more receptive and alive, flows much better. I experimented once on mushrooms it seemed to shift my consciousness is more structured matrix, less organic.

Edited by M A J I

after taking triphala for few months I've entirely stopped consuming sugar from day 1, without any cravings. I've started from 1/4 of the teaspoon with 200ml of water and slowly progressed towards the full teaspoon

On 4/21/2023 at 3:13 AM, M A J I said:

Last time I checked, sodium is an essential nutrient that aids in a variety of bodily functions...

52 minutes ago, Maximilian said:

Last time I checked, sodium is an essential nutrient that aids in a variety of bodily functions...

Yes of course it is but (sodium) from plants (organic sodium) and (sodium) from rocks/minerals (inorganic sodium) do not work the same. The body is not designed to utilize rocks. In small amounts they pass right through the system and excess causes calcification build-up in the body, severe dehydration and premature aging and many more health issues.

We were never designed for salt, we add it because we eat the wrong foods that require flavour enhancement and make the food palatable to the human taste. Shilajit is a (plant-based) mineral powerhouse you can use that the body can actually utilize, but even then, almost every food has sodium..

Here are some things you can read and learn.

http://whale.to/a/distilled_waters_knowledge.html

https://www.rawfoodexplained.com/minerals/organic-and-inorganic-minerals.html

Edited by M A J I