Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Heart of Space

Oil and Gas

1 post in this topic

My father worked for Enron in upper management, was with the company from beginning to end.  He was personally thanked by the CEO.  He received half a million in Enron stock before the bankruptcy.  After was investigated and interviewed by the FBI.  Long story short he ended up at Gazprom, the Russian oil and gas company owned by Putin and many other Oligarchs.  

My father is an alcoholic (albeit retired and mild)  and spiritually bankrupt.  

Spiritual bankruptcy leads to ruin, even in the greatest industry on earth in the greatest society on earth.  

One major theme of my life is human potential and the corruption of potential by the human mind.  I'm blessed and cursed to have observed this earth from my perspective.  It feels like I have perspectival opulence on this planet.  

I work in Oil and Gas too, but from a different part of the industry.  My father was told me when he was drunk I was just a hamster on the wheel for the guys in upper management in corporate.  There's no grand conspiracy, just a bunch of greedy men, incentives, ignorance, and laziness.  

If I hold a position next to a river of money take as much as possible with no regard for the consequences.  Money veins are not separated in our economy by some righteous genius.  

Edited by Heart of Space