Nivsch

Antidepressants are not a red flag

1 post in this topic

1 out of 4 to 5 take them, and many of them even after don’t need them anymore, still stuck on them for years including myself because of the withdrawal problem. A very serious problem which 95% of the doctors grossly underestimate.

I think these medications are a very legitimate strategy for people in different stages of their life when the person is not yet know himself enough and doesn’t have the consciousness and resources to help himself by his own.

Chemically masking the problem with pills for an easier therapy with the real tools – psychology, personally customized nutrition, spirituality etc – is not a bad thing. Sometimes the situation is hard enough that the person needs something to ease him to do the real therapy.

But Im also think we have to talk about the shadow-ish term "mental illness".

This is true, that ther are many people who are more prone, genetically, to different forms of mental mechanics that may cause, after combining with environmental causes, a huge suffering (altough genetics alone cannot be enough to make a person suicidal in my opinion) but we have to remember that we are all sitting on a scale and the difference is only in intensity. 

The boundary between mental health and mental "illness" is highly artificial and subjective. I can easily remember of many suffering-loaded spiritual phenomenas discussed here, in books and in the videos that are perfectly overlaps with many mental conditions.

I think the "mental illness" term is a harmful, self fueling term which makes people suffering much worse, and it will be grasped as a dark aged term in the future.

But also I DONT want to convince! To convince is just a fake influence because other people just take what someone says directly, and not really realize it independently. If I will "convince" I won't feel anymore happy. I just want to float up this subject and make people think about it again for themselves.

Please let's remember that symptoms are always the brain and mind trying his best to respond a condition - just like flu symptoms is always the body's reaction - and therefore they are intelligent and healthy in their structure and their essence (regardless of the false and problematic to directly believe content) and have to be respected and investigated in order for us to heal.

Edited by Nivsch

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!