enzyme

Is medication needed if you think other methods aren't working?

5 posts in this topic

I've been having a lot of these angry outbursts/freakouts lately and they've gotten so severe and intense to the point where I scream at the top of my lungs and I'm sobbing in tears at the end of it.  Plus my voice blew out a couple times.

I made a protocol where I avoid drugs and alcohol (although I slipped and had a drink here and there, never gotten drunk to the point where I felt ill though, I'm always sober when these outbursts happen).  I meditate for 30 minutes every day, have done for the past month now, and I've watched every emotional mastery video from Leo's playlist pretty religiously as well as other similar videos.

I feel like I can describe pretty well how to let go of trauma, how to forgive someone, how to be more in the present moment etc.  And yet I find myself acting as if I'm a total fucking angry monkey sometimes.

This is when I started wondering if maybe there's a chemical factor to it all.  Is it possible for a person to genuinely try their best to understand and apply the coping methods mentioned above and still be left feeling distraught and like they're not feeling any better?  Or is it always the case that they haven't tried hard enough?

After a trip to the emergency room I got a referral for my GP to pick up some SNRI's.  Although in my country it's very unlikely you can get a hold of the doctor over the phone so I'm not so sure I'll be getting them any time soon.

Avoid all medications, it will not improve things rather it will change the problem into a different problem.

1. Do you exercise daily? Have you tried exercising when angry? Is your exercise routines high intensity or walking? 
  2. Have you been tested for lead or heavy metal toxicity? Lead is known to cause major mood issues.
  3. Are you getting enough sleep? 

I recommend signing up for a activity and doing it 4-5 days a week. Indoor rock-climbing, body building, gymnastics, sports, martial arts... This will significantly rewire the brain in a way you might need, sitting meditation is one type of training there are many developmental lines that need to be trained at the same time.

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

@enzyme I wouldn't get dogmatic about avoiding medications .

I'd just make sure you've taken into account the relevant considerations and weighed up the pros and cons for yourself.

Edited by Ulax

Be-Do-Have

You have to play the cards you're dealt

There is no failure, only feedback

2 minutes ago, Ulax said:

I'd just make sure you've taken into account the relevant considerations and weighed up the pros and cons for yourself.

No one does that when there desperate. 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

@integral 

8 minutes ago, integral said:

No one does that when there desperate. 

I would disagree. I think that's a very black and white statement to make.

Be-Do-Have

You have to play the cards you're dealt

There is no failure, only feedback