Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FourCrossedWands

Parents buy cheap plastic junk and throw it away

3 posts in this topic

They live in an old village house and buy the cheapest plastic junk they can find then throw it away every year. Ugly garden decorations, solar laps, fake plants, animals, etc.

I am trying to live as environmentally friendly as possible and this drives me crazy. How to deal with it?

Edited by FourCrossedWands

Accept it. Let it go. Let them be as they are. See them as they are, and fully accept that reality.

And then take stock of what you can do to change this situation if it still bothers you. But don't try to make them change, it will only backfire. We still live in a world where it is generally acceptable and even honorable to buy and consume trash, to pollute the environment, to consume excessively with a disregard for all other life around the Earth and for future generations. That's the reality we live in. That's part of what we need to accept. Also a great opportunity to look in the mirror and see in what ways we are being hypocrites.

You have much better chances of "success" if you genuinely respect them and sincerely try to connect with them and try to understand them. Then you might have the possibility of figuring out something together..

Edited by TheAlchemist

"Only that which can change can continue."

-James P. Carse

Yes, I am trying to accept it. The thing that bothers me most is the fact that I have such tendencies as well (buying crap that I don't need) and I am surpressing them. Humans are fucked up, possessed animals lol.