Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LariAnton

Spiral dynamics - green and yellow relativism

6 posts in this topic

What is the difference between green and yellow relativism? Whenever I think of green I rarely think of relativism, but rather communal thinking and equality for all mindsets. I wonder then why has green given the label relativism, and what is perspectival maddness that Ken Wilber has talked about. 

Green is relativistic relative to Blue and Orange because it recognizes that cultural norms, morality, religion, and even science are not absolutes but relative ways of seeing the world.

Green is the rise of Post-Modernism, which even challenges the absolute objectivity of science. Which is why Green people will say that biological science cannot determine what is a man or a woman. And lower stages simply cannot understand how that could be possible. Lower stages either take religion or science as objective absolutes.

Yellow understands relativity but also sees that not everything is purely relative.

But of course, relativity goes way deeper than any of these stages imagine.

Most Green people have a pretty weak understanding of relativity and they also badly abuse it. Relativity is an extremely profound thing.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

The way in which you described green relativism resonates with how I see the world. Although, I do not believe everything is relative, but that there is describable phenoma in nature and in the human mind. I think the attempt to completely capture reality with a model is impossible(basicly because its thinking and limiting), but it can give appearances which then can be used very accurately on prediction. Would this type of thinking be characterised as yellow or green? And also if possible, I would like to know more concretely about how yellow sees relativism. And what would be the abuses of green relativism?

7 minutes ago, LariAnton said:

Would this type of thinking be characterised as yellow or green?

Could be either. Could even be Orange.

Spiral Stages involve far more than just this facet.

You could also be half-way between stages.

And also if possible, I would like to know more concretely about how yellow sees relativism.

It is more aware of the abuses and excesses of relativism. The limits of post-modernism. Study the problems with Post-Modernism

And what would be the abuses of green relativism?

Pretty sure I explain this in my Spiral videos.

One way is to say that a man and a woman is just whatever I decide it to be.

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The limits of post-modernism. Study the problems with Post-Modernism

Any great source recommendation for this?

Thank you for the responses! 

@LariAnton Search for Noam Chomsky Moral Relativism And Post-Modernism on YT.

I also have a video on post-modernism.

Edited by Leo Gura