enzyme

First time with mushrooms - 1g and 2g doses

3 posts in this topic

After getting introduced to spiritual/self-improvement content a few years ago and building up a meditation habit I finally decided to delve into psychedelics with some mushrooms (I used dried liberty caps).

I started with 1g.  During the come-up I noticed some trembling with my hands.  I figured I was just nervous since I had no idea what to expect.  I wrote down the time I took the dose so I'd know roughly when to expect it would wear off.  An hour went by and I didn't notice myself feeling any strong difference.  I settled down and just sat at my desktop browsing the web/listening to music/youtube etc.

I noticed at one point that my hand had this extra layer of detail that I had read people experience from psilocybin.  I spent a few minutes admiring how smooth my skin appeared to be.  Afterwards I went back to my music and I just felt super chill and happy like I was a kid again.  I remember thinking how cool it was since I had trouble when I was younger with depression/anxiety and SSRI's always gave me trouble (I'd be alright for the first week or so then afterwards it would just be side effects and feeling like a zombie).  But 1g of shrooms just made my depression vanish.

Fast forward 2 weeks and I decided to up the ante to 2g.  This trip was definitely a bad one for me unfortunately.  Well, I guess it's relative.  It definitely felt bad at the time.  I had intense nausea and a sense of panic that I was just barely able to control.  I kept having the urge to tell someone I was feeling really in trouble and that I should go to hospital, but I told myself 2g of shrooms couldn't physically harm me. so I just rode it out.  I was noticing the extra detail to all my senses but I really wasn't interested in it since I felt so sick in my body (along with the nausea and panic I could feel a heavy force on my shoulders, as if someone was pressing their hands down on them).  It wore off eventually after 10 hours and I passed out.

I didn't feel right for a few days afterwards.  I was considering maybe telling my local doc about it all but I'm not really sure if there's much they could do other than prescribe me meds.  Which I'm not opposed to; I'm just considering if it's necessary or if it's possible to return back to a sense of normality through time.  This happened just last week so I'm giving myself plenty of time to see if things pan out that way.

While my first trip with 1g was amazing I can definitely understand why some people get freaked out from the normal/higher doses.  I'm personally not gonna touch any psychedelics for a long time and just keep myself feeling as grounded as I can.  In general though I think mushrooms are definitely worth a try for anyone that feels languished or depressive (assuming they can let go of their emotions).  Especially if they tried anti-depressants before and it didn't seem to work on em.

You will be perfectly fine. Just give it some time.

You don't need any doctor. It's just a bit of mushrooms. People eat 20 grams of mushrooms.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@enzyme Did you eat them? It can cause feelings of heavy nausea.

I always made a mushroom tea (using powdered/cut mushrooms and not boiling water) and drank it together with a ginger tea. The only thing then left is sometimes the feeling of impending doom during the come up, but it settles. No more nausea or very little.

Notice that what you believe creates your reality. Notice that the focus on nausea was used to not let go and surrender to the trip experience.

It is possible to have effects from the trips remaining which don't seem functional in daily life (HPPD). If you experience any after effects its good to ground yourself and let time pass.

I certainly had HPPD after my first high shroom trip which lead me to derealization-depersonalization episodes because I didn't ground myself in daily life (meaning that I took another high dose 3 months later which intensified dissociation tendencies).

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.