StarStruck

How to integrate selfishness

3 posts in this topic

In my childhood my parents were selfish so I have trouble with being selfish in a healthy way and I’m being selfish in indirect ways. So I have been doing some Jungian shadow work and some mindfulness I discovered it bothers me a lot when others are selfish so probably that is a part of myself that I disowned. 

In my opinion everybody should find their balance between selfishness and selflessness to live a good life. I think a lot of spiritual people have trouble with this. That is why I was so drawn to Andrew Tate who I saw as my alter ego shadow. The thing is that I can’t be ruthless as him. I borrowed some of his selfishness and I did some  wonders as I integrated my alter ego shadow into my psyche. 

In my gym I became one of the best boxers in three months time and this confidence and know-how how to excel trickled down into other hobbies, self improvement and work. 

I think boxing is a good allegory for life. Sometimes it is hit or get hit unless you operate in a non competitive environment. In my opinion the principle of the survival of the fittest is the key aspect of the evolution of mankind or any other species. Take that away and you end up with fat blobs who are good for nothing and do nothing other than to indulgence in their spiritual ego thinking they are doing some virtuous action. 

Elon Musk is a selfish person and in my opinion more enlightened than anybody on this forum because he is doing the most virtuous action for mankind. Selfishness is as important as selflessness. These two should be integrated into each other otherwise you will have a raging shadow ego and be blind for how things really work. 

Self-improvement work is something I regard as selfish but not in a negative way.  It's selfish in the sense that you're looking to further yourself and not any other person.  Not always for personal gain but to provide a positive net effect on other people as well, rather indirectly, so you could argue it's not selfish in that sense either.

You've to understand that survival is primarily rooted in selfishness. It simply couldn't be otherwise. The reason why you think selfishness is brutal is partially because your shadow is busy moralizing human virtues. If you think that vices and bad habits are equally a part of the human existence, you won't have such a hard time embracing the bad parts of it. Selfishness on an absolute plane is indeed harmful, no doubt. But you have to think of it from a relative perspective. We aren't spiritual creatures floating through space. We've needs too. Be careful to not demonize these needs, they serve a purpose. 

Try being slightly selfish. And don't look it like that. Think of it as self care. Nothing wrong if you try fulfilling yourself(not in a glutinous way).